Thread: Central locking

Rides

Central locking

I have no clue when it comes to electrics but when I bought my car it didn’t come with any fobs or anything for the central locking, it’s it easy to set it up and how would I go about doing this?

Rides
    Hello Steve, it probably would have had a set of fobs to operate the alarm as well as the remote central locking, I have this problem too. but I am in the process or contacting the previous owner and they think they have found them for me, so i would give that a try, the NATS alarm system is a good one and its better than fitting an after market alarm if you don`t need to, hope this helps you.

Rides
    The immobiliser is a chip based item and this chip is embedded within the key behind the red tab, this works independently of the alarm system.

The good news is you will still have an immobiliser functioning even though you don't have an alarm working on the car, or even central locking.

The easy and least hassle option is to purchase a second hand ACU (alarm control module) and Master/Slave fobs and then simply install the ACU in place of yours and set up.
    With the right info this can be swapped out in around an hour and setup within a further 15 minutes.

You must have the ACU and its master fob (this is the only way to program slave fobs and this master fob will only disarm the alarm in event of emergency) along with at least one slave fob but two would be ideal.

The other option is to remove the factory ACU and replace it with a budget alarm system (remember you already have Thatcham cat 2 immobiliser installed and working) it will however require professional installation and this is the costly part.

If it were me, then i would be scouring the breakers section for a second hand ACU.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.