Thread: Fuel pump issue - s15

Rides

Fuel pump issue - s15

Looking for some advice. I changed the fuel pump a couple of months back. Ever since then the pump can’t supply fuel the the engine when the gauge shows 1/8th on the fuel gauge. No fuel light shows. Before I changed the pump I could drive till empty and the fuel light would show at around 1/8 on the gauge.
    I took it apart today to see if the sock filter was not placed down at the bottom of the tank. It was down really low & I could not see anything out of place. Anybody got any ideas? Could it be the fuel level sender wrong? Or the pump not secured low enough in the tank?

Rides
    i had this once when i didn't clip the pump bracket back in the tank properly. it sat too high as id not fitted it onto the bracket correctly. ran out of fuel on a duel carriage way.

Rides
    I thought that was the issue. It I removed it yesterday and refitted it. I’m 99% sure it’s fitted right. I’m going to check the fuel level sensor float next week ms as I may have knocked it when messing about with the pump

Rides
    when i changed mine, the fuel light now doesn't work but the gauge seems pretty accurate. so could be the float is stuck or got knocked.

Rides
    Yeah I think that’s it. Will have a look at the weekend