Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling for parts Cat C - Price?

Rides

Selling for parts Cat C - Price?

Hi all,

I had a crash in my s14 three years ago and kept the salvage for parts but haven't got much use out of it and now I don't have anywhere to keep it.

It has structural damage to the passenger side sill and B pillar and rusty rear arches. The engine has 180k miles on it but had no vvt rattle and well looked after by a mechanic with one woman owner from new in addition to myself. I only got to own it for less than a year before somebody hit me. It also has 300zx rear brakes and r33 handbrake cables.

What sort of price should I put this up for?

Thanks

Rides
    £1500?

Does it start, drive etc?
    Granted it probably won't go back on the road, but a buyer will want to know the engine doesn't knock, the box and diff don't make weird noises and the brakes aren't solid.

Rides
    Yeah it starts and drives. Has been stood for a while so I don't know if it would be best starting it with the current oil or petrol. But I drove it home from the accident just fine and started afterwards.

I can attest to no strange noises so that's good.

Rides
    if you just want an easy sale contact slide motorsport or that Lawrence B guy on here, they buy and break these cars,most other folk will mess you around thinking they can just pop over and drive it home.

is it an s14 or the later fronted s14A ?? as that will affect price.

Rides
    Ah that's interesting. I will shoot them a message. Thanks

It's an s14.

Rides
    Again, not to knock S body values, but a high mileage, bent S14 isn't going to command good money. Particularly if you sell to a breaker who will need to make money off it.

Rear brake conversion, subframes, lower arms (front and rear) and the like will be where the most money is.

But a bent shell and 180k gearbox is going to struggle to make any money. I think most people would count the engine as in need of a rebuild, regardless of condition.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    I think most people would count the engine as in need of a rebuild, regardless of condition.
    you say that but I had an unopened sr20 with 220k mostly at 'stage 2' power levels that had better than compression than an 80k bone stock auto so I wouldn't dismiss an engine based on mileage.

normally I would be a player for a cheap 200sx but in all honestly I cant be bothered any more.

jamieSX on here is also worth speaking to as he hoovers them up.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    you say that but I had an unopened sr20 with 220k mostly at 'stage 2' power levels that had better than compression than an 80k bone stock auto so I wouldn't dismiss an engine based on mileage.

normally I would be a player for a cheap 200sx but in all honestly I cant be bothered any more.

jamieSX on here is also worth speaking to as he hoovers them up.
    I agree on the engine mileage thing as well,the original engine in my white 14a at 86k miles had more issues than a crack whore
    so swapped the whole lot out for everything from my 23k 14a
    I had another 14a last year on 245k and it ran and pulled like it hadn't ticked 100k
    one was full service history and maintained, other was an elderly owner that just put fuel in it,
    mileage is nothing or meaningless if it hasn't been looked after

Rides
    If you advertised a 180k mile engine for sale, I think your market would be limited. You are free to disagree.

Rides
    It'll command a premium just before race wars though.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    It’ll still be worth more than it should be. Sr’s are demanding a crazy price currently.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    It'll command a premium just before race wars though.
    You'd need a couple

Rides
    TTIUWP !

If you are prepared for the ****ery and time it takes to break a car, you could clear £2000 for it.

If you just want shut and no comeback, £500.

If you keep it running so someone can hear the engine and test the gearbox even if they can't drive it away, £1250.

They are my numbers....without pictures...and I don't know any better than any other herbert.

Rides
    Id personally remove the easy bits and sell them and then see if someone wants any other bits, the engine conversion with box id say would cleat £1000 easy with that mileage there much higher priced for low mileage ones, the rear brakes are worth 250-300 thats before any other mods but you could have the engine and box out and rear brakes off in a day easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Manual conversion is worth £400+ if it is one
    Rear brakes £300 if in good condition as a kit
    Engine will prob get you 1k if its got good compression and no unwanted noises
    turbo - £200
    steering rack £50
    subframe etc £50-£100 if not bent
    5 stud hubs £2-300
    headlights, bonnet, wings, crash bar, afm, ignitioon amp etc all worth money
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    £200 for a journal T28 ! Is that what they go for nowadays ? I remember when you were lucky to get £50 for a T28 of unknown mileage.

Seriously though, DO NOT expect people to take your word for it that the engine/moving parts are sweet. Leave them in the car until you have a definite buyer so they can hear it running.

Rides
    Thanks for all your help guys. I've managed to sell her whole this afternoon so hopefully someone else can get some use out of her now

Rides
    How much did you get for it ?

Rides
    1200. Didn't get messed around and got a quick sale so a surprisingly painless experience

Rides
    Well done. That's a good price for a hastle free sale

I'll make a note for next time someone asks.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk