Thread: Please Help. Engine Leaks.

Rides

Please Help. Engine Leaks.

Hello,

Please, would you tell me any one that this fat spot may be due?, takes about many months and I can not locate the origin.There is nasty grease around the front of the engline block. I checked around and like to know if you guys can confirm with me that these seem like the front oil cover

PIC 1
    https://mega.nz/#!hIxSGbJC!9WdIwXWE1...ztZwPYnIi8JDy8

PIC 2
    https://mega.nz/#!JJZBwYzR!Mto6zwJ0u...KYyYEJ3dwmZNrY

Its possible to be the front Crankshaft Oil Seal?
    Its possible to be the water pump?

Thank you very much.
    A greeting.

Rides
    That appears to be the common oil leak location. It’s the gasket where the cylinder head meets the oil pump casing and engine block. It’s normal for these engines and most people leave it as it requires the cylinder head to come off. Some have tried to force sealant into the gap with some success.

Rides
    Your is same as mine and it common problem. I'm getting the engine out this week to strip it down and replace all the gasket etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    @snops OK thank you very much, then in principle nothing should happen to leave it like this ?, the pressure of the oil the truth that is normal but it does not generate much confidence to me to roll with the car as well.

@sambarnzee91, Do you know what is the exact gasket that gives the problem?

Greetings from Spain.
    Many thanks.

Rides
    I will let you know once the engine is out and stripped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    My S15 looked exactly the same, changed the front crank seal and no more leak.
    Take the crank pulley off, then it will be obvious if it's the crank seal or not.

Rides
    Thanks sambarnzee91 and immy21 !!

Rides
    Ah yeah mine has been like that for 17 years and looked as gunky as yours. Then last year I sprayed on some engine degreaser and cold pressure washed it. It took about 3 minutes and the engine block and pulley brackets all look like new. A year later they are still spotless so I'll clean it again in another 18 years! ;-)
    I would clean yours and then keep you eye on it to see how much oil is actually leaking. It is probably just the common slow seep issue. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's pissing out.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    Ah yeah mine has been like that for 17 years and looked as gunky as yours. Then last year I sprayed on some engine degreaser and cold pressure washed it. It took about 3 minutes and the engine block and pulley brackets all look like new. A year later they are still spotless so I'll clean it again in another 18 years! ;-)
    I would clean yours and then keep you eye on it to see how much oil is actually leaking. It is probably just the common slow seep issue. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's pissing out.
    I was just about to suggest that.

Rides
    Well opting for the cheapest option...

I cleaned the entire engine with a pressure gun to remove all the grease. So far no leak has appeared, I will review it these days.

Thank you very much to all.

Rides
    After cleaning and 2 trackdays has not come back any fat, it seems that it was simply accumulated fat.

Thank you very much to all.