Thread: BMW 135i Coupe

Rides

BMW 135i Coupe

As this is one of the go to choices after an S-body on the SXOC I thought I'd list my car here. Doc raves about his, is the reason I bought this one actually, and have to admit it is pretty handy, but I'm looking to do some adult things (not the fun kind) and my mileage has gone up a fair bit and I don't like putting too many miles on the car. Still have this, ads expired and I didn't bother renewing as I was enjoying it too much but should really think about selling now! Full description and pics below.

The car has a full BMW service history with the exception of the most recent oil and microfilter service(Jan 2018 @ 71k) which was done at an independent garage and the car is currently covered by a BMW insured warranty.

Under 80k miles on the clock which is low for the age, this car comes equipped with the following options:
    - BMW professional radio with iDrive and sat nav.
    - Black leather interior
    - Extended lighting package, consisting of xenon headlights, door handle lights and interior ambient lighting
    - Shadowline trim, exterior trims are in black rather than chrome including the optional black exhaust pipes
    - Rear parking sensors
    - Smokers package (additional storage compartment and 12v socket I believe)

Recent parts and maintenance includes:
    - Oil and microfilter service (Jan 18)
    - Front tyres (Jun 18)
    - Rear brake pads(Jun 18)
    - Rear tyres (Aug 18)
    - Front pads and discs (Aug 18)
    - 3x Index 12 injectors (Jul 18)
    - 3x New OEM coilpacks (Jul 18)
    - 6x New Spark plugs (Jul 18)

Additionally this car has been upgraded to remove some of the understeer that exists from the factory in these cars, this has been achieved through:
    - E92 M3 lower arms increasing the track width
    - H&R Springs lowering the ride height
    - Dinan camber plates adding camber to the front wheels to further reduce understeer

The N54 engine is very tuneable and is capable of around 500bhp on standard turbos and even more than that before the internals need upgrading, all of this while managing to return 30+ mpg when driven sensibly! This one is mildly tuned giving huge torque from no revs and pulling sweetly all the way to redline with the following parts:
    - Airtec upgraded intercooler
    - Evolve remap giving c.380bhp
    - Exhaust back box gutted for a subtle but sportier exhaust note
    An MHD remap which can be performed with your phone and a set of catless downpipes would see this car easily to 420+ bhp.

Exterior and interior of the car are in very good condition with only a few stone chips and slightly scruffy wheels to let it down, it has also had the following upgrades:
    - Updated iDrive controller fitted, looks better and is much more functional
    - Alcantara handbrake and gearstick boots
    - Carbon fibre interior trim package
    - BMW Performance carbon boot spoiler
    - BMW black front grilles

Brakes are the excellent standard fit 6 pot calipers in the front and 2 pots in the rear, with upgraded fluid and braided lines to further enhance the feel.

The car is otherwise standard and in good condition for the age, it is very very quick and as such all test drives will initially be conducted by me and only by potential buyers with deposit paid and proof of insurance and funds, to confirm car is in order.

The price is ONO but please no "What's your best price cash today mate?" come and see the car and have a chat before making me an offer on it.

Looking for £10,000

Last edited by FunkyMonk; 13-08-2018 at 12:51. Reason: Missed price.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    They are awesome, I think they will start shooting up in price as people realise they are the last of the big engine, relatively light cars with hydraulic steering, proper suspension and all that even now there are less than 500 of these remaining.

GLWS but you seem to have missed the price
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Yargh, thanks docwra! I'm sure they'll appreciate massively as soon as mine sells haha.

Rides
    Lovely looking car mate. Which wheels are you selling it with?

Rides
    I will miss it, is ridiculously capable but still have S13 tucked away and so need a much more boring daily! Will be on the standard wheels, the VMR VB3s haven't sold yet so could be included for the right price, however they are a very tight fit with the AD08r's on with the offsets hence them not being on the car now, did look awesome though!

Rides
    Bump, still have this, not really been trying hard to sell to be honest! However I really should, so relisting let me know if there are any questions.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Theres a dude on BabyBMW looking for one right now mate
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Hey Doc, cheers, I'm being blind though and can't see where??