Thread: CA18DET Ultimate Catch Can Setup

Rides

CA18DET Ultimate Catch Can Setup

So, there is a ton of different ways to set up a breather system on the CA. I was wondering what people are running, and why they think it's effective.

Personally, I run my catch can setup from the ex cam cover to the catch can (retaining the stock 5mm restrictor) and back into the intake after the maf.

Seems to work well, and retains a lower pressure in crank case to help seal rings which I've heard can increase HP/efficiency.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jay1017 View Post
    So, there is a ton of different ways to set up a breather system on the CA. I was wondering what people are running, and why they think it's effective.

Personally, I run my catch can setup from the ex cam cover to the catch can (retaining the stock 5mm restrictor) and back into the intake after the maf.

Seems to work well, and retains a lower pressure in crank case to help seal rings which I've heard can increase HP/efficiency.
    Do a search. There is a very comprehensive thread in tech s13 from a couple of years ago.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by jay1017 View Post

This is what I run. I just tried to keep it stock but with a catch can inline which I think is what you described. I’m just trying to catch the oil vapour before it returns back into the turbo

Rubbish photo
    Last edited by bikerboywill; 15-03-2018 at 19:57.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboywill View Post
    This is what I run. I just tried to keep it stock but with a catch can inline which I think is what you described. I’m just trying to catch the oil vapour before it returns back into the turbo

Rubbish photo
    Your bay looks awesome along with the catch can!

I do run the same setup as you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk