Thread: Need an MOT for my s14

Rides

Need an MOT for my s14

Hello people, I'm looking for a friendly person to have a look at my car and give it an mot.
    I'm around the Thurrock area. Any recommendations/people able to do so send me a PM or reply here.

TIA

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-der View Post
    Hello people, I'm looking for a friendly person to have a look at my car and give it an mot.
    I'm around the Thurrock area. Any recommendations/people able to do so send me a PM or reply here.

TIA
    This side of being recommended service with a smile a doubt you’ll get the answer you’re looking for on a forum.

Rides
    haha thought as much. not after anything mad, just don't want to get ripped off. You don't ask, you don't get.

Rides
    A surprising number of MOT places don't know the MOT rules or that you need to warm up a turbo car properly to get a sensible emissions figure.

Asking for an MOT place that's clued up on Jap cars is different to asking for a hooky MOT on something that's illegal.

I once had a place fail my 4 year old S13 for too much play in the steering. Turned out it was just the rubber bush in the steering column doing its job I ended up getting them to call a Nissan main dealer who told them it was as intended.

I take mine to Braintree which is probably a bit far for you. I've never found anyone over thurrock way that I trusted. I'll ask Arry though.

Rides
    Arry says Essex MOT in Ferry Lane Ind Estate have done him OK over the past few years.

Could be worth popping round and asking.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    Arry says Essex MOT in Ferry Lane Ind Estate have done him OK over the past few years.

Could be worth popping round and asking.
    Thanks for your help. Exactly I just would rather have someone who actually knows the score. I'll check them out!

Rides
    They're good guys. I've taken every car and every bike I've ever had there for at least 7 years. They've been liberal with the advisories rather than the fails, and they're pragmatic enough.

Can book online too.