Thread: Where does this coolant pipe go

Rides

Where does this coolant pipe go

The pipe I'm wondering about is the big pipe not connected in the middle of the picture. I've looked up pictures on here, petrols rebuild thread and Google. But no joy. I've checked the manual and it appears to go to the throttle body but this pipe is about 4 times the diameter and not even close to the t/b. What am I missing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rides
    If that is on an SR (looks like it) then yes this does go under the throttle body. I know this as i had all mine off last week to fit a sandwich plate and also remove some of the unnecessary brackets. On the intake side there is a water jacket port between the front 2 cylinders that this pipe feeds into the head via the throttle body. It attaches to the TB part that bolts to the head and not the part that holds the butterfly. If you PM me your number i can send you some pics i have as photobucket has ruined my build thread.

Rides
    the big black rubber hose that's horizontal and next to the oil cooler thing goes onto the bottom of the lower inlet manifold.

the long thin one that's not connected goes to the heated throttle butterfly.

assuming you have a VVT SR

Rides
    Jdm_virgin, you've got mail

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    the big black rubber hose that's horizontal and next to the oil cooler thing goes onto the bottom of the lower inlet manifold.

the long thin one that's not connected goes to the heated throttle butterfly.

assuming you have a VVT SR
    Yeah it's a vvt sr.

It's the larger house in wondering about. Any photos I can find on line don't site it clearly or must be of another version of the sr and has another unit I don't seem to have?? I'll have a look when I get home but I'm pretty certain there's nothing to connect it to on the lower inlet manifold

Rides
    it fits to the underside of the SR20DET VVT lower plenum as pictured:

Last edited by hooky; 23-03-2018 at 15:04.

Rides
    well i certainly feel like an idiot. All last night i've been searching and re searching through all my boxes of parts thinking that this bit must have been lost or have got into the wrong box. Ive done internet and sxoc searches before i posted. Never looked at the lower inlet manifold last night since i thought it was a separate item even though the lower inlet manifold was sitting out on my bench ready to go onto the engine. Just got home and went out to look and it was right there as you have all been telling me.

Thank you all for your help

giphy.jpg