Thread: SR20DET wont start and need urgent help!!!

Rides

Unhappy SR20DET wont start and need urgent help!!!

Good evening guys!
    Basically i have a s14a that wont start due to the injectors not pulsing to let fuel into the cylinders and i cant for the life of me figure out why and i need help desperately as japfest is fast approaching! (in depth detail to follow)

Almost 2 weeks ago now my car was getting fairly hot due to a hose going from the front mount intercooler piping to the IACV catching on the viscous fan and stopping it from spinning. So on my way to get a long hose so that i could re route it to prevent it catching i turned my engine off at some traffic lights to keep it cool and then when i started it again and went to drive off the engine bogged down and cut out so i started it again and then did the same but after a second time the car wouldn't start at all. (not sure if this is related to the issue and caused it or just a coincidence)

After getting home (got towed) i started doing tests on the car and found that i still have ignition from the plugs and also i still have fuel pressure into the rail as the fuel pump is still working but what i don't have is any fuel injection. There is a constant feed to the injectors as there should be but the earth isn't being switched on them when the engine is cranked over. I have checked that all the injectors open when i earth them direct to the engine or body of the car and i have also checked the continuity of the wiring from each injector down to the ECU wiring harness and it all checked out.

I was suspecting a faulty ECU due to either bad injector drivers or NATS but then after sending the ECU to H-dev to have the NATS removed it had already been removed so i presumed a faulty injector driver but then when testing my car on a friends working ECU i still have no injector pulse!! I then went on to thinking a faulty Cam Angle Sensor was the issue but then i tried a friends working one and also checked all the wiring from it back down to the ECU wiring harness and all the wiring was good.

I know this was long winded and do appreciate anyone that took time to read this but i really need help as i cant live without my car any longer and am open to suggestions of anything to try to help resolve this issue.

Thanks guys,
    Brad.

Rides
    Hi brad Not got Stuart’s ECU?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Yeah i tried it and still the same fault, injectors wont pulse.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1995 View Post
    Good evening guys!
    Basically i have a s14a that wont start due to the injectors not pulsing to let fuel into the cylinders and i cant for the life of me figure out why and i need help desperately as japfest is fast approaching! (in depth detail to follow)

Almost 2 weeks ago now my car was getting fairly hot due to a hose going from the front mount intercooler piping to the IACV catching on the viscous fan and stopping it from spinning. So on my way to get a long hose so that i could re route it to prevent it catching i turned my engine off at some traffic lights to keep it cool and then when i started it again and went to drive off the engine bogged down and cut out so i started it again and then did the same but after a second time the car wouldn't start at all. (not sure if this is related to the issue and caused it or just a coincidence)

After getting home (got towed) i started doing tests on the car and found that i still have ignition from the plugs and also i still have fuel pressure into the rail as the fuel pump is still working but what i don't have is any fuel injection. There is a constant feed to the injectors as there should be but the earth isn't being switched on them when the engine is cranked over. I have checked that all the injectors open when i earth them direct to the engine or body of the car and i have also checked the continuity of the wiring from each injector down to the ECU wiring harness and it all checked out.

I was suspecting a faulty ECU due to either bad injector drivers or NATS but then after sending the ECU to H-dev to have the NATS removed it had already been removed so i presumed a faulty injector driver but then when testing my car on a friends working ECU i still have no injector pulse!! I then went on to thinking a faulty Cam Angle Sensor was the issue but then i tried a friends working one and also checked all the wiring from it back down to the ECU wiring harness and all the wiring was good.

I know this was long winded and do appreciate anyone that took time to read this but i really need help as i cant live without my car any longer and am open to suggestions of anything to try to help resolve this issue.

Thanks guys,
    Brad.
    Check your grounds for ecu may not be ground properly so the ecu can’t ground the injectors

Rides
    Already tried that mate, checked all the earths and also earthed the ecu direct to the battery terminal just to check and no luck!

Rides
    Arch loom?

Rides
    Which side? I didn’t think the wiring loom goes anywhere near the wheel arch as it looks like it just goes across the firewall then straight into where the ECU sits in the car

Rides
    driver side, its common if you are low that the wheel rubs through the loom. Have a quick peek through the arch

Rides
    Oh yeah I did have a quick look but all the wiring for the injectors seems to go across the car and through the firewall but I will jack the car up and double check just to rule something else out of the equation

Rides
    Checked and couldn’t find any wiring that had rubbed through

Rides
    The bigger loom is in the left side of the car. Did you check that one aswell?

Rides
    Checked that too and no sogn of damage anywhere.... the cars been to an auto electrician and he put it down to a fault ECU so i tried a new ECU and the fault is still exactly the same

Rides
    Checked fuses??

Rides
    yeah trust me i'm waaaay past checking fuses haha

Rides
    Any other issues? I broke down on my way to bhp show and all relays were clicking and couldn’t work out the issue for a couple of hours and it turned out to be my coilpack loom has melted

I ended up ripping half the car apart before finding that issue

Rides
    I have not looked at the wiring diagram; but are you sure there are no relays on any of the fueling circuits and if there are have you checked them?