Thread: Jonny W's Suzuki GSXR-750K5

Rides

Jonny W's Suzuki GSXR-750K5

I don't expect it to sell on here but thought I'd offer it here first, just in case. This is the ad I'll be putting onto mainstream media some time soon...

I have one too many vehicles to comfortably fit in my garage so something has to give and this is the bike I am least emotionally attached to.
    What is it ?
    It’s a blue-and-white Suzuki GSXR-750K5 on a 55 plate showing 28K miles and MOT til March 2019.
    The good bits
    The bike is absolutely spotless and hides its below-average miles astonishingly well.
    It comes in the best Suzuki colours of blue and white.
    It has been tastefully modified with brand-new black Gilles rearsets, a Sprint 916-style steering damper, a Power Commander 5, R&G exhaust hanger and crash bungs and an R&R A16 stubby carbon end can.
    It also has a rear hugger, mini-indicators and a tail tidy.
    Its not been crashed, the V5 is present and correct, it has a new MOT, two keys and lots of paperwork. No warnings are showing on the dash.
    The engine runs sweet as does the gearbox with no jumping out of gear or anything like that.
    Tyres are almost new Metzeler M7RRs
    The bad bits
    Steve-Wonder custom seat as shown in the pictures (£50 gets you an OEM replacement) – I was going to replace the whole of the back end with race bodywork so it didn’t get replaced.
    No pillion seat but a race pillion seat cover instead.
    If I was being really, really picky, a few very minor scratches on the front of the pillion seat cover and a tiny paint chip on the tank. Otherwise perfect paintwork.
    The Story
    I regularly set myself projects, usually involving petrol-engine vehicles and like to have one project each Winter. I wanted to build a race bike for my next project so, I very carefully selected a really good example of a road bike that would work for me on a track, that I could trick up into a £10K track missile.
    I bought the bike in Early Spring 2017 and got as far as stripping and rebuilding the bike, replacing all less-than-perfect parts and fitted the steering damper and the rearsets.
    In late Autumn 2017, I unexpectedly inherited a new project. A car which, for personal reasons, had to take precedence over the bike project. I then changed jobs and ended up working away so that I had very little time to work on either project.
    In short, I’ve realised that the bike is not going to get done for at least 4 years so I’ve decided to sell it to make a bit more room in the garage to work on the car and maintaining my other bikes.
    So that’s it. Buy yourself what many consider to be the ultimate GSXR-750 in lovely condition and the best colours with a genuine reason for sale.
    Check out the pictures then come and see it in the flesh. You won’t be disappointed.
    Four grand, gets you this very trick looking bike as described above and shown in the pictures and the first to see will buy, I reckon.
    Or, if you want, I can swap the rearsets and the steering damper for the OEM parts, chuck in the rear mudguard and let the bike go for £3,600. You can then turn it back into a concours standard bike by selling the PC5 and using the money to buy an OEM exhaust and seats.
    I’ve priced this very competitively so, whilst I might give you £50 off if I really like you, don’t come over expecting to be able to low-ball me because I’ll just send you on your way and everyone’s time will have been wasted. When you see it, you will understand.

More, betterer pictures to follow. GrahamB and Arry have both seen the bike at the Dick Turpin IIRC.
    Last edited by Jonny Wilkinson; 02-05-2018 at 23:44.

Rides

Can do a deal for an SXOC member

Rides
    More pics as promised...

Rides
    All the above photos were taken on the day they were posted and the bike wasn't cleaned for the photos, just uncovered and snapped.

Bumperoo.

Rides
    She's going up on ebay tomorrow...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283006343621