Thread: looking for rear drivers side quarter panel

Rides

looking for rear drivers side quarter panel

Ive recenty had an accident and smashed in my rear drivers side quarter panel, managed to pull it out but still way out of shape.

might just overfender it but, I don't know what to do with the exposed metal? anyone help me.

here is a picture with the replacement bumper and cracked rear quarter: https://imgur.com/a/jiXsAiu

what can I do to treat this? I have a friend who is experienced with bodywork and welding, the question is what could he do for me?

as you can see I am very inexperienced when it comes to this..

please bare with me

thanks
    Notty

Rides
    short of spending money getting it straighter,you could do it yourself with blocks of wood and a hefty hammer,
    it only needs to be straightish were the over meets the OE metal really,might be tricky getting the light recess straight maybe get the mate to do that bit
    level it up with a bit of filler,overs on and get it painted

Rides
    cheers for the input mate, I think I have another go at straightening it out with a hammer and dolly like you said. Im gonna overfender it anyway so try and make do with what I can sort.

cheers mate

Rides
    you call that a dent.....

the best tool for reshaping S-body rear pockets is a length of 1" box section bent into a shallow 'S' shape. you can get right in and push some pretty awesome dents out.
    ive mullered mine plenty of times over the years and always got them back straight again.

Rides
    Get it as straight as you can, paint it with a couple of coats of POR15 rust prevention paint, then fill it and paint it (or get a bodyshop to do it).
    That looks a fairly easy repair, certainly seen a lot worse.