Thread: Securing Non-Standard Battery

Rides

Securing Non-Standard Battery

Feel a bit of an idiot asking this but for life of me cant figure out best way to fix my battery down

Bit of background -
    Imported car, battery was flat as a pancake, brake light had stuck on all way over. Managed to get a charge in it, and has been fine in car since for moving it around etc. Prob is, whilst having it in and out its basically just sat in the old tray, as theres a big dirty intercooler pipe through the other half of the tray.

Now I'm happy enough with battery, cranking amps, etc at the minute I'm just looking for a neat simple soloution to secure it adequately for it's MOT. if it proves to be duff or that in future I will look at alternatives.

So far I have been looking with no luck even tried this off of ebay with no success.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL...53.m2749.l2649

I managed to get it bolted in reasonably but the head height was to much the raised section was too high and interfered with bonnet.

So far alternatives ideas have been something along these lines

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-Batte...sAAOxy7odR0982

Or some other sort of ratchet strap?

Or make some sort of bracket out of a bit of flexible steel or even all around band type stuff like this -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/All-Purpo...0AAOSw5E9asZ3z

I just wondered what fellow SXOC'ers had used for the task and whether any one had any inspiartion? I would rather make it look neat and tidy than half arsed and bodged

Its pretty much last piece before MOT, added some pics below of how battery sits and some of the car

Just want to get out driving it now!!

Rides
    Hi, the battery doesn't technically need to be secured for the MOT

The battery must be so insecure such that it is unrestrained and likely to fall from its vertical position when the vehicle is in its presented condition (i.e. bonnet / access panels closed). A battery that is not strapped down and is moving around inside a battery box does not justify a failure, as it cannot fall from the carrier.

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    Hi, the battery doesn't technically need to be secured for the MOT

The battery must be so insecure such that it is unrestrained and likely to fall from its vertical position when the vehicle is in its presented condition (i.e. bonnet / access panels closed). A battery that is not strapped down and is moving around inside a battery box does not justify a failure, as it cannot fall from the carrier.
    Thats interesting, I would say its never going to go far and certainly can't topple over or to side as per the pic you can see its a snug fit.

From a personal view I would rather it be fixed but possibly one to discuss with my MOT tester, thanks for info.

Rides
    Mine has been like yours for about 10 years...

You can always just strap it down with zipties