Thread: Driftworks CS2 Spring rates

Rides

Driftworks CS2 Spring rates

Hey guys.

I'm looking at getting the Driftworks CS2 suspension with the aircup system, but i'm not sure what spring rates to go for. Its going to be a mainly track car that ill take to a few shows. It wont be my daily so it doesn't need to be comfortable but i don't want a boneshaker either. Any advice on what to get?

Front spring choice is:
    9K 150MM Spring
    5K 175MM Spring
    7K 175MM Spring
    9K 175MM Spring
    12K 175MM Spring

Rear choice is:
    7K 200MM Spring
    4K 200MM Spring
    8K 200MM Spring
    9K 200MM Spring
    5K 175MM Spring
    7K 175MM Spring
    9K 175MM Spring
    12K 175MM Spring

Any advice would be lovely, cheers guys.

Rides
    I went for 9/7 on my car, I think the stiffer option of 12/9 would be too harsh unless the tracks you visit are smooth as hell.

My last coilovers I ran 7/5 springs (bc) and felt like the car could do with a slightly stronger set up and 9/7 DW cs2 actually ride and perform much better than the “softer” bc’s anyway. Win win

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRPS13 View Post
    I went for 9/7 on my car, I think the stiffer option of 12/9 would be too harsh unless the tracks you visit are smooth as hell.

My last coilovers I ran 7/5 springs (bc) and felt like the car could do with a slightly stronger set up and 9/7 DW cs2 actually ride and perform much better than the “softer” bc’s anyway. Win win
    Cheers Adam, was thinking of 9/7 but thought it could be a bit too firm, good to hear its not.

Does anyone know what the difference between the two spring sizes are, im guessing it will have a shorter travel but will that do much to the ride?

Rides
    I didnt realise there was such a big choice of springs for these. Where did you find the list?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sx rider View Post
    I didnt realise there was such a big choice of springs for these. Where did you find the list?
    Its on the driftworks site, but i was viewing it as the Aircup package so maybe they have different rates to go with the aircup system.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mnp_s14a View Post
    Cheers Adam, was thinking of 9/7 but thought it could be a bit too firm, good to hear its not.

Does anyone know what the difference between the two spring sizes are, im guessing it will have a shorter travel but will that do much to the ride?
    I didn’t get the choice of spring length when I ordered, I have the longer springs, not that it stops me running the chassis on the floor if I want ��

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRPS13 View Post
    I didn’t get the choice of spring length when I ordered, I have the longer springs, not that it stops me running the chassis on the floor if I want ��
    Ahh cool, just emailed driftworks asking what the difference was. When I hear back I’ll put the order down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mnp_s14a View Post
    Its on the driftworks site, but i was viewing it as the Aircup package so maybe they have different rates to go with the aircup system.

Ah right ok, found them now, thanks ��

Rides
    Hi I am about to order them and was wondering the same thing.
    Did you find out what impact the different spring length has?

Rides
    If you need advice just give Driftworks a call, or drop an email. They've been really helpful everytime I've contacted them, they know what will suit your needs best.

Rides

Driftworks CS2 Spring rates

They were vague with the response but basically said it doesn’t make much difference. I’d shoot them an email and ask anyway, see if you can get a better response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk