Thread: 'Drift Spec' Nissan S13 - CA18DET Stage 2 - Full Cage

Rides

'Drift Spec' Nissan S13 - CA18DET Stage 2 - Full Cage

Hi All,

Finally time to part with my 13

Build thread can be seen here: http://sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?5...roject-project

Spec list below:

CA18DET (between 260 - 280bhp - Not been dynoed) - Rebuilt head last year with new gaskets, skimmed etc. (May 2017)
    Stage 2 Horsham Developments Chip
    T28 Turbo Rebuilt with 360 Thrust Bearings and new seals last year (May 2017)

Stage 3 competition paddle clutch

Apex Gen 2 Coilovers
    Front Big Brake Kit (S14 Front Callipers with BMW E36 M3 Discs, Grooved and Drilled) - With Carbone Lorrain RC5+ Pads (bit squeaky when cold but stop the car pretty well on track!) - Standard rear brakes
    Adjustable Camber and Toe Arms front and back
    Pollybushed subframe bushes
    S14 Limited Slip Diff

Completely stripped out interior
    Corbeau Forza Bucket Seats - Passenger is on low mount rail - Driver is on standard rails modified to fit seat (sits quite high for a bucket seat)
    Sparco 4 point harnesses
    Full Bolt in Apex Roll Cage - Painted Gold
    Battery Relocated to back seats
    Switch board for Fuel Pump (2 extra switches that dont do anything yet)
    3 Pro Sport Gauges mounted where middle air vent was (Boost Pressure, Water Temp, Oil Temp) - Water Temp and Oil Temp not working yet, got new sandwich plate for Oil and New Sensor for Water temp that will be included

Front BYBA Vented Over fenders +25mm
    Rear BYBA Over Fenders +50mm
    Rear Bocket Bunny Rep Bumper
    Spec D2 Front Bumper
    Monkey Magic Side Skirts
    Ultralite 18 inch alloy wheels 2 gun metal grey and 2 a bronze/gold colour, good overall condition, only a few small chips

Metal Firewall between fuel cell and back seats (the shell was a competition drift car before I bought it)
    Fuel Cell in boot with flat floor (whole boot needs a good clear out and re-painting)
    234l/ph in-line fuel pump

Fully welded and undersealed when I bought the shell in 2016 so none of the usual s13 rust

Bad Bits:
    • As I mentioned earlier the boot/fuel cell area could do with a good clean and re-paint. I'm not too keen on where the fuel pump is located at the moment so if I had the time I would mount it somewhere else.
    • Front bumper/bonnet fitment is terrible so quite gappy
    • Fuel Pump is really noisy (doesn't help its got no interior, this is not a quiet car!)
    • Gear Box crunches into 2nd when cold
    • Clutch is quite violent, but not the worst I've driven
    • Boot doesn't stay open so I've got to prop it open with a broom handel when filling the fuel cell up (i've got a boot strut to fit which should solve this but havn't got round to fitting it)
    • Sunroof has been rivveted in place of old sunroof and it looks pretty bad up close, paint has chipped away so needs to be cut out and re-welded if want to do it properly
    • I always get really bad condensation inside the car in the colder months, I ended up just putting loads of those consensation trap things into the car to fix the issue but I'm presuming it's because there are a few holes in the floor that the air is getting into the car?
    • Plastidip didn't stick very well (I didn't do much prep) so it's peeling already in a few areas

Its a good base for a drift car in all reality - shove a welded diff in there and you're good to go.

I've written this with what I can remember off the top of my head so I will update it when I remember anything. Always happy to answer any questions so fire away!

MOT Until July 2018

PRICE : £4,000

Located in Southampton - Only selling to get something a bit more 'Daily' friendly

PM Me or text me 07807976594 with any questions or picture requests

ea52ba1d53e503e4da63c1ac9b3d2466.jpg
    d21f52595a66fa72cf4f91f4146688ab.jpg
    55ab61f52961497b4f58b2147800aec1.jpg
    Last edited by jvickery; 12-05-2018 at 07:16.

Rides
    Few more pics

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Interior photos and photos of areas that could do with some attention.

Speedo has typically stopped working since i put it up for sale. Rev gauge and temp gauge still work but not speedo? Any ideas on how to fix appreciated...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jvickery; 15-05-2018 at 08:18.

Rides
    Sold