Thread: Power Window Help

Rides

Power Window Help

Hi all

The last time I used my drivers window, closing it, when it got to the top there was a bang followed by the noise of something falling to the bottom of the door!!

I finally had time to look at it yesterday.

At the bottom of the glass, at the front edge there is a plastic stop bolted to the glass, this has broken. Not available from Nissan ( only as part of the glass ( even though you can remove it ) didn't dare ask how much a new glass was or even if it is still available!! )

I managed to find a rubber bush I had that was sort of the correct shape with a bit of modifying and fitted this. Adjusted the stop bracket in the door to compensate for slightly different size etc.

After a few operations of the window, the part I had made, split!

When putting the glass up ( on auto ), the motor really pushed the glass up hard against the stops. If I pull down on the glass, whilst putting the window up, I think it would actually lift me off the ground, if I let it!

Surely this is too much and would explain while the original part broke.

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a safety cut out ( child's arm etc ) to prevent overload/damage?

Had a quick look at the wiring diagram. Shows the switch, the motor and an amplifier.
    Could any of these parts be faulty causing the worlds strongest power window?

Can't believe it is correct, the strain on the mechanism/glass is huge.

Sorry to waffle on, thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Rides
    stick your arm in the other side, see if it gets chopped off.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    stick your arm in the other side, see if it gets chopped off.

LOL . I'll have to try that!
    Did operate the passenger side, it seemed fairly strong too, although didn't try the pulling down on the glass trick.