Thread: Ca18det running hot after stage3

Rides

Ca18det running hot after stage3

Stage 3’d the car last winter and ever since the oil temps have been way hotter driving normally. Mainly cruising on the motorway at 70, any time there’s a slight hill the temp goes up over 100c. The water temp stays pretty steady though so I don’t know why it’s happening. I’ve been toying with fitting an oil cooler but after some searching I found that uk ca’s come with built in oil coolers? Something about coolant lines running the the filter housing?
    Is there a chance that I’ve got an air lock in the coolant after changing it meaning the oil gets hotter?

Rides
    It's not an oil cooler, it's a heat exchanger thats located where the oil filter is. Helps get the oil upto temp better from cold start.

Where are you taking oil temp readings from, what gauge do you use?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3K1355 View Post
    It's not an oil cooler, it's a heat exchanger thats located where the oil filter is. Helps get the oil upto temp better from cold start.

Where are you taking oil temp readings from, what gauge do you use?

Ahhhhhhh. That makes more sense.

I’ve got a cheapo off eBay I think and it’s in a sandwich plate. I’m too fussed about hugely accurate readings. It’s been in there since I had the engine stock aswell so it’s not a gauge problem

Rides
    I had a kink in the line to the oem cooler before and saw temps like you. Fixed it and now I cruise on the motorway at 70c on a hot day!

You’re best off checking all the coolant lines from the oem cooler. Its above the oil filter its quite obvious. I doubt you’d have an air leak, but you could try to drain from the lines on the cooler to see if you have any crap in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk