Thread: Registering an import V55/5 form

Rides

Registering an import V55/5 form

Hi Guys,
    Need a bit of advise on this. I have the form and the guidance notes, but I’m sure I have read before you actually need to need to fill in very little on form due to it being a car that was sold in uk etc

Car is a 180sx 94, I have the NOVA, I have the Japanese export docs and know I will need it MOT.

Just wondering if any one can give me any practical advice on filling it out, lots of sections saying use certificate of conformity or IVA obviously I have neither of these?

Anyone who has been through the process help me out? I just want it on road ASAP to take advantage of our summer before it disappears again

Rides
    Hi matey,

I have very recently registered my import and in all honesty there isn't much you need to fill out on the V55/5.
    Anything asking for the cert of conformity or IVA leave blank as its older than a newer car which requires it.
    You will need an MOT cert, insurance cert and the original Jap export cert (not a photo copy) to send with the filled out V55/5.

I have just been returned a form because they wanted the engine number so id suggest you find that and pop it in the top right.

i wish i had taken a pic of mine before i sent it to show you as it truly is hardly anything to be filled out on them, just your car details including the year of manufacture and then your details on the other page.

ohh and remember to send the correct amount for road tax and the registration fee

hope this helps dude
    Last edited by ps13ben; 24-05-2018 at 20:53.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ps13ben View Post
    Hi matey,

I have very recently registered my import and in all honesty there isn't much you need to fill out on the V55/5.
    Anything asking for the cert of conformity or IVA leave blank as its older than a newer car which requires it.
    You will need an MOT cert, insurance cert and the original Jap export cert (not a photo copy) to send with the filled out V55/5.

I have just been returned a form because they wanted the engine number so id suggest you find that and pop it in the top right.

i wish i had taken a pic of mine before i sent it to show you as it truly is hardly anything to be filled out on them, just your car details including the year of manufacture and then your details on the other page.

ohh and remember to send the correct amount for road tax and the registration fee

hope this helps dude
    Thanks mate, yeah it does help as that’s kind of what I thought you had to fill out. Basically personal details and a few on Car, I don’t have the form in front of me as I’m at work but if I get stuck I may need to ask your advise ha

This may be a daft question but will I be able to find the engine number on anywhere other than engine? And if not where will I find it on engine?

I take it if you are missing stuff they return everything and point out what bits are missing?

Rides
    Is it an SR20 you have? if so the engine number is on the turbo side at the back on the bell housing, it will say SR20 then 6 numbers and a letter. the SR20 will be slightly covered but the numbers you need are clear to see.
    i don't think you'll have any documents that show the engine number, i don't think even on the import certificate its on there so you'll have to dive in the engine bay im afraid.

if anything is out of place they will not hesitate to send it back but they will make on wants needed (DVLA suck so bad its unreal)

Rides
    Quick question on the back page it asks for a reason why its exempt from Type approval?? Is that just purely because of the age of the car??

Rides
    in all honesty i didn't answer that bit because I'm sure its for the DVLA to answer.

Rides

Cool

Received the V5 through post today so I can’t wait to get home and drive it away with work for another 10 days

Thanks for the help

Rides
    No worries happy driving dude woop woop