Thread: WHEEL HELP [emoji30]

Rides

WHEEL HELP

Hi guys I have some cosmis cat-206r 18x9.5j with et 10. I have fitted the rear wheels and they fit perfect. I am having massive issues with fitting the front wheels. The wheels won’t clear the brakes which I knew. I was hoping to buy some 25mm wide wings to solve this issue but after fitting 25mm spacers the wheels seems to sit out 45mm from the original wings. I don’t want to buy 50mm front wings. Has anyone fitted these wheels and what have you done to fit them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    maybe I missed something? but that wheel spec should clear the calipers, unless the wheels design are the most unforgiving for fitting
    different wheel but same specs with a 4 pot caliper http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=454575 Mels thread that came up on a search

Rides
    The rears fit perfect but the fronts don’t clear the callipers

Rides
    Put some pictures up

Rides

Rides
    This was with a so called wide wing. But it turns out the wing wasn’t wide at all haha

Rides

Rides
    what front calipers/disc's it running? I have various 3 piece 9x17 et19/20/22 and they clear a K sport 8 pot on a 356mm disc
    and a 245/45 tyre clears the coilover collars
    all I can think of is the wheel design if the reverse of the spokes are hitting the caliper?
    will the wheel clear with a thinner spacer and dial in some camber to clear the wing as wheel looks near vertical in the front on pic
    I like the colour combo btw

Rides
    It has standard front brakes on. I have tried a 5mm spacer but it still caught. Luckily I had another 5mm lying around. I put the two together to see if a 10mm would clear it, and still it didn’t. I believe a 15mm spacer will clear it. I am just confused as to how it sticks out so much. The back is perfect, so I thought in my head well if I put 25mm spacers on it will clear the calliper, and then I will buy 25mm wide wings so it will sit flush, but that doesn’t look like it’s gunna happen haha . And thanks it’s going a slightly darker green when I get the chance

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Are they definitely the same et etc all around?
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    You need to fit a 15mm spacer on the front as a minimum, then they will clear the brakes, but don’t forget then they will be a -5 et.

You may have to add a bit of camber to make them properly fit under the arches.

I had the same wheels and fitted a 25mm spacer and still had standard arches but they were pulled and flared beyond what they should have been.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    maybe I missed something? but that wheel spec should clear the calipers, unless the wheels design are the most unforgiving for fitting
    different wheel but same specs with a 4 pot caliper http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=454575 Mels thread that came up on a search
    Thats brought back some memories!

Rides
    Ok so with some 15mm spacers, and some 25mm wide wings do you think they will sit quite flush. Thanks for the help guys just want the car to look perfect .

Rides
    Best way to find out is to take a tape measure from the centre on the spacer to the lip of the arch and then measure the centre of the wheel to the outside of he wheel and see if the wheel width is smaller than the spacer to the arch, if it is then your on to a winner, if not bigger arches will be required