Thread: My PS13 project

Rides

My PS13 project

Welcome to my Project PS13,

landing at the start of this year it came with a few trick surprises when it arrived consisting of some nice Cusco coilovers, a Greddy air filter and a HKS exhaust........ although these were nice little bits there was also some bad bits.

The stereo had just been placed in the double DIN hole of the centre console with nothing more than just bum fluff connecting it and at some point it had a nice boost controller which was also missing, also the gear knob was missing (someone must of really cherished it not to leave it with the car)

anyway with those positives and little negatives here it is in its entirety, a nice little starting point i must say.

IMG_9867.jpg
    IMG_9878.jpg
    IMG_9865.jpg
    IMG_9877.jpg

Rides
    Nice man loving the colour much plans?

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Rides
    Next steps are for a new set of rims along with a 5 stud conversion and an upgrade on braking as the current setup is a little tired but by no means pants.

After a long and hard think and sleepless nights I've found the rims i like but the only issue is I've had to order them through driftworks and it sounds like they will be one hell of a while to arrive so i shall update with some pictures on that when they are on.

in the mean time a nice little rebuild of the R33 callipers i managed to pick up for the front along with a full 5 stud setup.

IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0301.jpg

i also have sourced a couple of recaro seats with yellow fish net head rests....... yes yes not to everyones tastes.

df878918-bc03-46f3-b4f2-203001465437.jpg

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by s13spooner View Post
    Nice man loving the colour much plans?
    Its quite a nice red but the pain is that it has bad liquor peal, like real bad over to whole of the body which is a shame. it will be resprayed the same (or close enough) colour though.

yesterday i fitted a turbo elbow and down pipe which im itching to test out, I haven't had it undersealed yet but its on the cards very soon so i wimped out while its wet.
    It has some discouraging flat spots and a tiny bit of hesitation but im starting to think that maybe the rings being tired..... more investigation on that one though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ps13ben View Post
    Its quite a nice red but the pain is that it has bad liquor peal, like real bad over to whole of the body which is a shame. it will be resprayed the same (or close enough) colour though.

yesterday i fitted a turbo elbow and down pipe which im itching to test out, I haven't had it undersealed yet but its on the cards very soon so i wimped out while its wet.
    It has some discouraging flat spots and a tiny bit of hesitation but im starting to think that maybe the rings being tired..... more investigation on that one though
    Yeah paint is expected at that age tho mines in need haha , yeah id just service it see if that even helps it can be surprising what can restrict power, seats are ace tho love the mesh

Rides
    i did think age was playing a factor there paint wise the old bugger

I thought exactly the same thing the first time i drove it to the MOT station and apart from the scary 10degrees in either direction of free steering it didn't feel too bad but there certainly was a little gremlin there so i changed all oils, filters and steering linkage bush.

The steering is now as sharp as liam neesons knifes but still theres a little hesitation there.

Rides
    Cool seats, Suzuki Ignis Sport IIRC...

Rides
    They certainly are or one is anyway, the drivers side is fully electric which isn't for a hatch back so i will have to adapt it somehow so it drops forward like the passenger side.
    more work than id like but hey i don't mind a challenge, the large problem is trying to get them low enough as in the S bodys the seats sit quite low.

Rides
    Well i took advantage of my day off and the nice weather going for a drive...... turned out to be a bloody expensive drive indeed.
    My fears of tired piston rings has been realised so now this is going to turn into a bottom end build thread
    looks like oil has been pressurised up through the top of the dipstick hole and has plastered the engine bay

IMG_0322.jpg

Rides
    That sucks hopefully youll get it sorted soon!