Thread: Dashboard faulty

Rides

Dashboard faulty

Hi,
    I have a very rare fibreglass car based on a 1991 Nissan 200sx 1800cc. It has been put away for the winter, during which time I installed a much more powerful battery. Now that I have just put it back on the road, I have found that the digital speedo, mechanical odometer, mechanical trip meter and digital head up display do not work at all.
    I'm hoping that someone far more knowledgeable than me can diagnose my problem.
    Many thanks.
    Last edited by artdecoboy; 13-06-2018 at 10:24.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Sounds bizarre. Speed sensor faulty?

Know the car your talking about, very different.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Have you checked the fuse?

Possibly just some corrosion on a connector in loom or to the back of the speedo. Just removing the instrument cluster, unplugging and reconnecting may fix it. Check plugs and wiring on sub-loom from offside of engine - bundled with the alternator / starter / oil pressure.

While out you can check the voltage feed. As this is based on JDM 180SX you need a 180SX wiring diagram, UK wiring is not the same.

Bad speedo sensor? I think that would be the first one ever in 30 years.

Rides

Thanks for the two replies.

Thanks for the suggestions from Chriscooke and Skyshack. I've just had a shoulder operation for a ripped bicep, but as soon as I'm able I'll follow up on your suggestions. Luckily you don't need a speedo for an MOT.........

Have you checked the fuse?

Possibly just some corrosion on a connector in loom or to the back of the speedo. Just removing the instrument cluster, unplugging and reconnecting may fix it. Check plugs and wiring on sub-loom from offside of engine - bundled with the alternator / starter / oil pressure.

While out you can check the voltage feed. As this is based on JDM 180SX you need a 180SX wiring diagram, UK wiring is not the same.

Bad speedo sensor? I think that would be the first one ever in 30 years.[/QUOTE]