Thread: My S14a won’t turn? The steering wheel turns but just makes a clicking sound like a c

Rides

My S14a won’t turn? The steering wheel turns but just makes a clicking sound like a c

So I was moving my s14a around, didn’t have it running so no power steering, when I turned the steering wheel it went to turn the wheels and just went lose and made a sound as if a cog was slipping, like a clicking sound, the main bolt is turning as I thought it could be the teeth on my cheap steering wheel, but it’s not that, anywhere I should look? I’m stuck on this one and need to move it is it time for a new rack? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    The column connects to the rack with a swivel connector on splines, could be that?

You’ll have to get under it and turn the wheel to see what turns and what doesn’t. It should be fairly obvious where your problem lies

Rides
    Thanks mate I’ll check that first, going to have a look in a bit, had to leave early yesterday so couldn’t check it out, just wanted to ideas before I go at it blind!

Rides
    Once it’s in the air you can see if the column is still turning, then you’ll see the connector I mentioned, that goes in to the rack so you can see if that moves too, if the spindle going in to the rack is still moving but the rods aren’t then I think it’ll probably be new rack

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingk View Post
    Once it’s in the air you can see if the column is still turning, then you’ll see the connector I mentioned, that goes in to the rack so you can see if that moves too, if the spindle going in to the rack is still moving but the rods aren’t then I think it’ll probably be new rack

Thanks buddy, I’ll check all that out as soon as I can, hopefully it’s something simple, but I doubt it lol

Rides
    Found the problem, someone didn’t put any bolts in the part that connects the steering column to the rack🤦*♂️ idiots!

Rides
    Well at least it’s a nice easy fix haha