Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo Gaskets??

Rides
    Will normaly smoke for a little bit as it’s the grease and oil from your grubby hands but that doesn’t normaly last long only 5-10 mins of idling while bleeding the coolant

Does it smell like oil,exhaust or sweet coolant ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxwanabee View Post
    Well hopefully my last post on this thread got everything buttoned up this morning and went a drive. Think I got coolant bled ok good to temp and the needle didn’t go over normal will double check the level in a bit.

My question is should there be a bit of smoke and smell from the manifold/turbo area? I’m guessing it’s just residual oils etc and all coatings coming off and burning away? Is that correct only had it running 20mins and took it a 3 mile ish run at most around the block.
    Completely normal. It’s the gaskets and the residue in the exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    Will normaly smoke for a little bit as it’s the grease and oil from your grubby hands but that doesn’t normaly last long only 5-10 mins of idling while bleeding the coolant

Does it smell like oil,exhaust or sweet coolant ?
    Kinda hard to describe kinda like clutch so maybe sweet?? Not to sure I have ever smelt them all must have too reliable cars haha going out in a bit to shops see how it goes

For the record what would coolant/overheating smell be described as??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by sxwanabee View Post
    Kinda hard to describe kinda like clutch so maybe sweet?? Not to sure I have ever smelt them all must have too reliable cars haha going out in a bit to shops see how it goes

For the record what would coolant/overheating smell be described as??
    It would bubble out ya overflow most likely

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Been out again it’s pulling strongly driving well and after some pretty hard pulls I’m sure I can smell the clutch haha

TBH it’s my first proper drive of the car with boost, only potted about to and from MOT then gaskets went.

Or is there something the turbo/exhaust side that would smell like that? Plus not really smelling at front of car? My first thought was oil/ coolant leaking onto manifold/turbo due to not having fittings done up corectly, I had reuse standard pipes as the braided lines didn’t show up, and I had to get it together before I came back to work.

what would be symptoms of that?