Thread: S14a worth... (with plans to sell.. argh)

Rides

S14a worth... (with plans to sell.. argh)

So I've not posted on here in a good few years.. feels odds to be back ha. The blue place is now my new home, despite me swearing I would continue using this forum when I was buying the R33..

Anyway, I think the time has come to part with my S14a, as much as I'd love to repair it and use it again, it just isn't in my financial power to do so, especially when I have a GT-R which needs cash sinking into it as well. However I genuinely have no idea what the thing is worth, so coming here hopefully for advice. Spec is as follows:

Stage 1a Kuro Black (ish) S14a w/ cream interior @ circa 125,000 miles iirc
    H-Dev Stage 1a chip
    Japspeed type FMIC
    Gizzmo MS-IBC boost controller
    Walbro 255lph fuel pump
    Apexi air filter
    Blueflame exhaust (turbo back)
    Defi Advance CR boost gauge + control unit
    (Tasteful) fibreglassed dash housing gizzmo + defi control pad
    Apex fast road coilovers (think at least one is goosed though)
    Full set of apex control arms
    K-Sport 330mm 8pot front brake kit
    300zx rear brake kit
    EBC blue stuff pads front + rear
    Alcantara gear stick gator (nice)
    Poly bushed steering rack
    ACT streetlite flywheel
    ACT clutch (can't remember which one, I think the HD)
    Braided clutch lines
    Seem to remember I did something with the clutch hydraulics, not sure if they were upgraded cylinders?
    Garage defend carbon fibre cooling panel
    18" 8.5/9.5 Ultralite Atec-II wheels (need refurb)
    New-ish cam oil spray bars
    Nismo oil cap
    Carbon fibre coil pack cover
    Some Australian transparent CAS cover (can't remember brand)

Now the bad part - the body is shafted. It's riddled with rust. I expect it can be saved if somebody puts a lot of time in to it but I doubt it would be worth doing if you were paying somebody. Then after fixing the rust it would need a full respray. The interior is nearly perfect, puts my GT-R to shame inside and the engine runs really well with good compression, but the rust has well and truly beaten me. I could get some photos but just imagine an S14a with the underside full of holes and you will get the idea. Also imagine rusty arches and ruined paintwork.

What do we think it is worth? I imagine it is a breaker car really which really upsets me, I cannot tell you how much I have loved that thing since I bought it in 2009 but the GT-R has so much more potential and it has to be said, it does drive better..

Thanks for the advice guys

Rides
    I would say if the shell is scrap then you'll have to break the car and try to recoup some money that way, someone might be willing to reshell it or repair the rust but to do it properly will take a massive effort and cash supply.

Rides
    Hi - thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have the time or space to break the car myself. I realise I'd lose some value by selling it whole rather than breaking it myself but that is a price I'm willing to pay to see it off my drive

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    2.5-3k I’d say.
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    just contact SXjamie or jamieSX (his name is something like that) on here as he breaks them. also try slide motorsport.

ive not the space for it so am out of that kind of game these days.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscooke View Post
    2.5-3k I’d say.
    thats what it should sell for,no breaker or private pull it apart and crush the shell person will give over 1k for it going on what I got offered last year
    the mods/aftermarket parts will further bump up its value to a breaker,healthy bare engines are at 1k>1.5k g/box £300/450
    sell it as a lump at 2.5k ish on a fixed add no offers/no P/X and wait for a sensible buyer to find it,
    you will get endless dreamers/timewasters to ignore/wade through to get a genuine buyer

Rides
    Thanks guys, I'd accept around 3k but admit I have advertised it for more than that over on the GT-R forum stating I will accept offers as I'd imagine I will end up being knocked down regardless of how much I put it up for. I appreciate a breaker needs to make his margin and am willing to 'pay' for his services by accepting a fair offer .

I'll make an ad here as well later, got to head away from the PC for a while now.

Rides
    To be fair this sounds similar to the one I’ve just bought to save. Full of holes everywhere minus rusty arches (they’re tubbed) some nice mods on it with a good compression engine, not running perfect however is still using 3 year old fuel due to being stood for a few years, I think it needs a good service and blast on a long road to clear it out. Paint isn’t great either, many scratches and lacquer peel, here’s some photos for you to compare, both sides are as rusty as each other so should give an idea of how bad it is, also paint looks better in photos, I payed £2300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Yea that looks similar to mine although maybe mine isn't quite as bad rust wise. If somebody bought it to save I would be made up, and would probably accept less cash if it meant seeing it fixed up. Shame you found one already Haha

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    Yea that looks similar to mine although maybe mine isn't quite as bad rust wise. If somebody bought it to save I would be made up, and would probably accept less cash if it meant seeing it fixed up. Shame you found one already Haha
    Don’t get tempting me if I had the cash I’d honestly buy yours to save

Rides
    Haha do it! I'll even throw in a spare polybushed subframe

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    Haha do it! I'll even throw in a spare polybushed subframe
    Pm me your bottom price for the car only as it is mate