Thread: Oem exhaust manifold studs ....

Rides

Oem exhaust manifold studs ....

So i did a track day on monday and my exhaust manifold to turbo studs either loosened or the gasket failed and caused the nuts to be loose.

The car has a silly cheap tubular manifold on, so as part of the refresh im going back to an oem sr mani, im only running a t28r anyway. My question is, is it possible/worth changing the studs in the standard manifold, are they known to come loose?

Then from there what is the best way to affix the turbo to it? Ive ordered a new genuine gasket as well as a downpipe with a flexi in it (it used to be solid and im sure that hasnt helped the gasket) is it worth using a locktite threadlock ir are temps too high? My plan is to use nord lock washers and either knuts or aerotight nuts, whats your opinions?

Lastly does anyone know the thread width and pitch for the studs between the mani and turbo?

Cheers!

Rides
    K-nuts will crack at those kind of temperatures.
    binx or binks nuts are the ones you want then also use the locking tab washers. where you hammer/fold the tab over.
    I would just phone up concepta tuning and buy it all from them. the studs are M8. the cheap studs that come with cheap manifolds can stretch.
    a decent turbo brace is also a nice addition.