Thread: Stage 1a remap

Rides

Stage 1a remap

Evening all,

I'm looking at doing the stage 1a remap with HDev and was wondering whether to go for the off-the-shelf map, or have the car custom mapped by HDev? My car has all the supporting mods, so was just wondering what the real world benefits would be with a custom map. Is it worth it at this level?? I don't think I'll ever go beyond stage 1a.

Also I know I'll need to get the clutch uprated. Should this be done at the same time or should I just see how things go and replace as and when? Current clutch is absolutely fine and is on 48k miles.

Thanks,

Rides
    I would personally always go for a custom map rather than a generic map

Rides
    Custom is usually better but as the stg 1a always got the most out of the stg 1 equipment anyway you might as well just get it.
    Your limited by the injectors and turbo going past 290ish anyway on the s14, the off the shelf map will be fine for this.

Rides
    Thanks that was what I was thinking.

Any advice on clutch q.?

Rides
    Leave the current one in till it starts to slip.

If you're relatively sensible it'll last ages, if you kick the shit out of it you'll need to start saving up for a new one.

Rides
    Once the chip goes in the torque goes up a lot and at 300Ft it will start to slip, so its really going to need changed sooner rather than later.

Rides
    Ok thanks chaps. I class myself as sensible, so will see how it fares... Cheers

Rides
    Go for custom map it’s tailor made for your car then and not just a generic map don’t get me wrong there good but can’t beat custom,as for clutch mine was running 1a on standard clutch and was fine but I guess it depends how many miles is left in your clutch to begin with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Not arguing that a custom job is better than an off the shelf one, however in the case of the sgt1a map its practically maxing out all of the components tasked with making power.

The stock t28 is maxxed out
    The stock injectors are maxed out
    The stock AFM is maxed out
    The stock clutch is almost maxed and wont last long.

Now if you had any one of the above upgraded.. .say the injectors to the s15 ones then yeah a custom map ... but... stock tubby/injs and AFM is only ever going to make the same power.
    You wont see a big increase in power going for a custom map, the 1a has already been updated once to improve it and take it near the max so there is nowt left of the table.

Just save your cash and get the 1a.

I once ran a stock t28 with all the above upgraded and had an emanage ect... just for shits i tried to find the top of the t28s output, at about 17 or so psi it just becomes a hairdryer.