Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S14 aftermarket headlights

Rides

S14 aftermarket headlights

Hey guys,

So I need to replace the passenger side headlight as the mounting brackets have snapped off completly in a previous accident. Was just going to replace the one light but then I saw these. Think they look quite aggressive but was wondering if anyone has this or a similar set and can tell me if they are decent. I have HID’s in my headlights already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mnp_s14a View Post
    Hey guys,

So I need to replace the passenger side headlight as the mounting brackets have snapped off completly in a previous accident. Was just going to replace the one light but then I saw these. Think they look quite aggressive but was wondering if anyone has this or a similar set and can tell me if they are decent. I have HID’s in my headlights already.

Where did you see those and how much?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazySx View Post
    Where did you see those and how much?

Everyone’s favourite place, EBay. They are up for £750 but come with the corner lights and the jap style bumper indicators.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F122043481100

Rides
    check how much customs and excise import duty will cost
    https://tulli.fi/en/private-persons/...uty-calculator
    As a guide only approx £725 > euros 824.16 customs duty 37.09 euros + VAT @24% 206.70 euros = 1,067 euros
    will need confirm total ammount

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    check how much customs and excise import duty will cost
    https://tulli.fi/en/private-persons/...uty-calculator
    As a guide only approx £725 > euros 824.16 customs duty 37.09 euros + VAT @24% 206.70 euros = 1,067 euros
    will need confirm total ammount
    Ouch, didn’t remember that haha. I’m not in a position to buy straight away, but I’ll bare that in mind. Thanks.

Rides
    Very nice lights, but at a grand!!!

Best of getting some second hand ones and having a go at fitting halos.

Rides
    Very nice lights, but at a grand!!!

Best of getting some second hand ones and having a go at fitting halos.

Yeah I’ll think I’ll just get the passenger side light and refit the HID’s.

Rides
    I think anything 'halo' or 'angel eye' looks shit in all honesty. These ones look like a tacky version of the DMAX ones, which are a massive amount cheaper! https://frsport.com/dmax-t002-nissan...hts-black-pair

Rides
    Those are cheap as they dont have projector units built in. Not keen personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    I think anything 'halo' or 'angel eye' looks shit in all honesty. These ones look like a tacky version of the DMAX ones, which are a massive amount cheaper! https://frsport.com/dmax-t002-nissan...hts-black-pair

Rides
    I would also check that any aftermarket headlights are "E" marked, it doesn't state anywhere on the listing that they are so i'd be making sure they were for that price!

Rides
    Those are cheap as they dont have projector units built in. Not keen personally.
    I wouldn't call them cheap, they're also legit dmax not some weird overpriced ebay brand. Projector units are cheap if you really care that much about them and easy to retrofit, but in all honesty if you want projectors surely you just buy genuine Nissan headlights as they will have guaranteed good beam patterns?
    I'd much rather run non projector headlights from a reputable brand than some ebay specials that probably have cheap projector units in anyway

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hooky View Post
    I would also check that any aftermarket headlights are "E" marked, it doesn't state anywhere on the listing that they are so i'd be making sure they were for that price!
    that indeed and could be right hand drive versions? I think that more applies to any sort of pattern on the outer glass/clear plastic to direct the beam
    possibly the beam cut off if they have one in the projector will be wrong sided
    but still worth checking with the seller they work on both Lh & Rh or there is 2 versions

Rides
    de-chromed stock lamps are a cheaper option,FR sport were doing circuit sports clear lenses but never got them as worked out expensive back in 2011
    old saved pics,I can't do the image thingy https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9b&oe=5C05A2F6
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...34&oe=5BD60040
    https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3d&oe=5BCBBF42

Rides
    Personally leave the angle eyes for BMW’s and there the modern equivalent to Lexus lights

Each to their own and all but personally feel they cheapen the car

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamz View Post
    I wouldn't call them cheap, they're also legit dmax not some weird overpriced ebay brand. Projector units are cheap if you really care that much about them and easy to retrofit, but in all honesty if you want projectors surely you just buy genuine Nissan headlights as they will have guaranteed good beam patterns?
    I'd much rather run non projector headlights from a reputable brand than some ebay specials that probably have cheap projector units in anyway
    I meant cheaper not cheap. You got shares with dmax? Lol

I wouldn't run either. OEM is best. And if I wanted to do something different I would modify the OEM.

Rides
    i have a left one for sale , uk light , no broken taps or damage at all

Last edited by KennyJ; 02-08-2018 at 10:31.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    Personally leave the angle eyes for BMW’s and there the modern equivalent to Lexus lights

Each to their own and all but personally feel they cheapen the car
    This, all of this (plus I don't like them, much prefer the d-max ones).

Rides

Just get hold of a replacement OEM, split them and paint the right parts satin black.

Rides
    I have not had great success painting over chrome plate even if keyed up rough it still lifts after awhile
    I de-chromed by rubbing down through the chrome to a red primer/base layer then removed that to the plastic and made that satin finish
    with finer paper in one direction , the projector gives off a lot of heat that could lift the paint I thought was another reason I rubbed it down
    baking the lamps is a faff and I fcuked up one before so not keen to redo the job

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    I have not had great success painting over chrome plate even if keyed up rough it still lifts after awhile
    I de-chromed by rubbing down through the chrome to a red primer/base layer then removed that to the plastic and made that satin finish
    with finer paper in one direction , the projector gives off a lot of heat that could lift the paint I thought was another reason I rubbed it down
    baking the lamps is a faff and I fcuked up one before so not keen to redo the job
    There is your problem right there. No sign of plastic adhesion primer. Once you have rubbed it down, a nice coat of plastic adhesion primer, then while tacky get the primer on the flash off and top coat. I painted bits of a dash once and it all flaked off lol! This was when I learned about plastic adhesion primer.