Thread: s14a Rear Drivers side Brake Caliper

Rides

s14a Rear Drivers side Brake Caliper

Hi. The worm drive on the Drivers side rear caliper is faulty and doesn’t hold piston in Caliper out, so brake doesn’t hold out. The Caliper was from TRW 18 months ago who have said it is faulty under warranty but do not have a Refurb caliper anymore and cannot get a worm drive from Nissan to repair it.
    They have given me the caliper back and refunded what I paid.
    Any ideas of where I can get a caliper from?

Tried Breakersyard, Ebay, Eurocarparts but no joy?
    Are these the same calipers as fitted on another car. I’m sure I’ve seen it’s same as a Suburu but not sure.
    Cars done 105000 since I got it new and apart from Blueflame exhaust it’s standard and looked after.

Rides
    I got a pair of refurbished calipers from these guys. fitted two years and still going fine.

https://brakeparts.co.uk

Rides
    Cheers. Unfortunately no one in the UK has a new/remanufactured rear drivers side Caliper. Managed to get a really rusty used rear set from a 1999 200 S14a that had been sitting for a while on a written off car, that was MOT’d a month before it’s accident. I cleaned the caliper up and removed any rust and thankfully managed to quite easily wind the piston back.
    Bought new slider pins and rubber and all fitted ok and seems to be doing the job thankfully. :-)
    I still want to find somewhere that can repair the 18 month old caliper I have, which has a worm drive problem causing the caliper not to stay out when handbrake on. TRW gave me a refund and gave me the caliper back as they cannot locate a new worm drive.

Rides
    Post up a pic of the caliper for reference. I'm pretty sure I have an odd caliper kicking around that you can have for the price of postage if it will help.

Rides
    Hi mate. Thankyou for the offer. What’s your email address and I will email the pics.
    I haven’t done enough posts to be allowed to upload the pics.
    Cheers. Adam

Rides
    It does say 32. And underneath K37r