Thread: Bodywork boo boo. Think this is beyond T-cut

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides

Bodywork boo boo. Think this is beyond T-cut

So I had a slight boo boo recently and scuffed the front bumper. While my car is never going to win a concourse is there a way I can make this look better easily?

Sent from my Moto using Tappytalk

Rides
    Is it factory metallic/pearl or just gloss black ?

If it’s gloss black just sand it smooth and use plastic filler primer to get it the best you can then hit it with gloss black then leave it for a day and blend it in with polish and you won’t see it hardly at all

If it’s metallic or pearl I’m afraid your ****ed as it’s quite a skill to blend Metallics especially with rattle cans

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    Is it factory metallic/pearl or just gloss black ?

If it’s gloss black just sand it smooth and use plastic filler primer to get it the best you can then hit it with gloss black then leave it for a day and blend it in with polish and you won’t see it hardly at all

If it’s metallic or pearl I’m afraid your ****ed as it’s quite a skill to blend Metallics especially with rattle cans
    Thanks mate. The car is factory Kuro black but the bumper is rough as paint wise anyhoo, the whole car is TBH. Getting it smooth and black again would do me to be honest. Have never repaired this level of plastic damage before so am a bit #eeek on how to go at it and get it smooth.

Rides
    Sand it down and just go steady, have you taken enough out to need a bunch of filler?

Rides
    No it's just surface scuff rash type damage.

Rides
    If that’s all you bothered about go Halfords and get a project pack of wet any dry think it has like 240,400,600,800,1200 grit, start with 240 to get the gouges out then hit it with filler primer or glazing putty/stopper, then hit it with 600 grit paper to flat it off then hit it with a couple of light dust coats, you shouldn’t have full coverage yet on your 3rd/4th coat put a medium coat on 5 go a bit heavier so you have a bit of gloss

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by autosri View Post
    If that’s all you bothered about go Halfords and get a project pack of wet any dry think it has like 240,400,600,800,1200 grit, start with 240 to get the gouges out then hit it with filler primer or glazing putty/stopper, then hit it with 600 grit paper to flat it off then hit it with a couple of light dust coats, you shouldn’t have full coverage yet on your 3rd/4th coat put a medium coat on 5 go a bit heavier so you have a bit of gloss
    Ideal. Thanks mate that's a plan