Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you want from the forum/club

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    This is exactly the point I think many of us are making. The acceptance that it will never be a bustling social hub again is universal, and we have the Facebook group now that will push the social aspect forward.

We need to tidy up and trim down what's here so that new buyers or restorers are going to have an easy time navigating a very simple forum for all the information they need.
    Exactly this. Also if piman/ others are offering help when help in thin on the ground, then the admins should jump on the offer. Many hands and all that.

Rides
    Bump.

Rides
    More posts on keto gummies please.
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 11-08-2023 at 13:41.

Rides
    Funny

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    More posts on keto gummies please.
    That can easily be done
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    I have an s13, had it for 20 yrs but rarely on the road for last 10 yrs, Dry stored but will try to get it back on road soon. At that point I'm sure I'll need advice & parts and this is where I will come!!

Rides
    I think it would be great to have a reunion weekender, I'm still friends on FB with so many lunatics on here, perhaps we could agree a weekend for 2024 and it would be great to catch up with lots of the people who are what made the SXOC what it was
    2004 - on : 1999 S14a 398bhp 378lb/ft
    2010 - on : 2007 RX8 PZ
    1998 - 2004 : 1991 S13

Rides
    But with the greatest respect, you don't need the SXOC for that.

I mean that's fine and all but it doesn't really help the SXOC go forward. Nor does it help the forum.

Let's face it, almost all the people you're talking about have long since left SX ownership. Yes they got the club going and sustained it but well, they're not here now.

Rides
    Bit late to this but I'll give my input. I use the forum for technical advise. The how to's that are left are amazingly helpful. That's all I really use it for but there is a lot of dead links. As a north west member it's always been difficult to get to any meets or shows, that's not the SXOC's fault that's just the way the north/south divide is.

I don't think the SXOC is the problem I imagine every forum is dying as cost of living really high at the moment and youth just want FB. It also doesn't help there's not many SX's left. I used to post in a project thread but it became too difficult to post sine photobucket want money to have an account now and other image upload sites just dissappeard.

I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to create new how to's now most of the old traders have gone/it's harder to buy parts?

Rides
    I agree with that and I think it's something markcro is pushing as well, and has even started doing for new topics.

The future of this place I believe lays in being a database of how to's. The prettier and better that is, the more likely people will be to engage.

We've already discussed culling all the traders who don't exist or participate here, shrinking the forums down, I definitely see a future of a more compact forum that's more information rich.

Rides

Rides
    This is why people and volunteers should be rallied to get action moving as everyone is busy in their lives. So many hands make light work and all of that.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Standard committee related speedy response. It’s a lot of the reason so many have lost enthusiasm
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Who is the committee now Chris?

Edit - I see them in the site leaders list.

Edit 2 - what's the response we are waiting for out of curiosity?
    Last edited by piman2k; 30-08-2023 at 06:27.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    No idea anymore mate.

Rides
    Lol, OK bud, appreciate you trying.

Is there a committee meeting each year or similar?

Rides
    Agree with what's been said here, as a recent owner of an S14 this forum has been an incredible source of help and information so if there is anyway we can preserve/streamline all of that information that would be amazing

I'm often searching using keyword searches on past threads, even responses going right back to the early days are still useful as most of the things I need help with have already been answered at some point

My main issue is not being able to see some past uploaded images due to broken links etc and not being able to easily upload my own images, have we ever had the facility to upload images directly to the forum?

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    There used to be a facility to upload to the forum for members. Most use Tapatalk to upload now although this really isn’t ideal

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Lol, OK bud, appreciate you trying.

Is there a committee meeting each year or similar?
    Not been a proper meeting for many years mate. There’s a group chat where things get brought up though.

Rides
    Ok mate, I think as paying members we are probably getting towards a bit of a stall here, because the committee should be open to suggestions and feedback to the members. Especially as I said, since we pay.

We got a central email to write into?