Thread: Exhaust

Rides

Exhaust

Hi guys I'm in the market for a new cat back exhaust for my car and was wondering which would be best to buy. I've heard the blitz nur spec r is the one to go for but any other suggestions would help aswell thanks.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Depends what you mean by "best". Do you want a super loud and obnoxious exhaust, subtle and quiet, best for performance, best looking, best for cruising? It's all down the personal taste and what the car is used for really.
    If it's a track car, you want it basic as possible with just enough silencing to meet track noise limits.
    If it's a road car that you want as loud as possible, just get a full straight through exhaust made with no silencers or even just a dump pipe straight out the turbo and down to the floor
    If it'd a road car and you want a nice sound that's good for cruising without droning then you probably want to look at exhaust with a back box and 1-3 silencers/resonators.

Personally, I wanted the best of all worlds so I had a custom downpipe with a sports cat made but installed a exhaust cut-out valve before the cat, then a HKS cat back system that was already on the car. It's not too loud, good for cruising, no horrible resonance. But when you open the cut-out valve, it's pretty much as loud as it can be with lots of turbo noise and pops and bangs on overrun.

Search on YouTube for sounds of different cat back systems on sr20s to find one you like if that's the route you wanna go, can't imagine there is much difference in power loss between them and i doubt you would even notice

Rides
    Sweet, thanks man

The type of sound I want is for it not to be too loud where its annoying and I want it to sound quite aggressive.

Last edited by amirakhtar; 12-08-2023 at 12:14.

Rides
    My car is my daily and sees the odd track day, and is very quiet, and been running this setup for the last 17 years.

- Japspeed 3 inch turbo elbow.
    - Apex 3 inch downpipe with flexi section.
    - 3 inch Cat bypass pipe.
    - 2.5inch Mongoose cat back section and backbox.

All stainless steel.

So the exhaust only has a single backbox and it very quiet. The tuner said that I am loosing 10 to 15bhp on the top end with the rear section. 15bhp, yeah I can live with that! :-) Means that I can use all those other horses anytime that I want without attracting the coppers from 10 miles away.

For test time when I put the cat back in, there is only a slight decrease in bass. But not a massive difference in noise.

But I have no clue what is available now in these times....
    Last edited by markcro; 12-08-2023 at 16:52. Reason: High on octane!

Rides
    Nice one man thanks

Rides
    I've got a full exhaust system with a decat and no silencers. I don't recommend it at all, it's way too loud. Sounds cool though lol.

Rides
    Have you looked at HKS Hi Silent Power?

Rides
    I haven't.