Thread: The Time Has Come

Rides

The Time Has Come

Gentlemen and gentle ladies, I fear the time is here for me to sell up and move on. After 18 years of ownership the old girl hasn't moved in 7 and I feel the money and time will never be there to get her going again. What sort of prices are rusty things going for these days ??
    1995 S14 in Flame Red, HSD Coilovers, Poly bushed subframe and poly bushed or rose joint adj arms all round, Willwood 300mm front brake kit, R33 GTS-T/Z32 rear brakes, R33 GTR rims, R33 GTR style skirts, Rear spats and a JDM spoiler. Norris Designs forged build, H-Dev 1a chip, Filter, Mix and match exhaust with Mongoose twin pipe backbox and japseed twin downpipe, also have a Nismo rear box I've never got round to fitting. standard interior plus Nardi wheel. HKB boss.
    Bad points, Rear arches very crusty again, Big hole in passenger floor pan, was smoking but replaced the turbo and was clearing. Turbo replaced was original on 161k and had already survied one engine blow prior to my ownership pre 100k i think so guessing oil buring out of exhaust. Won't start, guessing fuel pump gone as turns over fine and can't hear pump priming. Have new pump to fit to confirm.
    Will, also come with full set of front arch liners, previously mentioned Nismo backbox, Geo-Master 2 front and rear hubs, BNIB, 25mm vented front wings and Rocket Bunny 30mm rear wings (all never fitted)
    Cant find my project thread and got no pics on this laptop but I'll try and sort some out
    I really dont want to be writing this but I cant kid myself any longer that this is going to get sorted. Would make a perfect base for a proper restoration job

All the Best
    Tim

Rides
    suppose i will start the ball rolling at 5 grand.

Rides
    Welcome back chap.

Firstly, your project thread is here

Secondly, if I were you, I'd sell the Geo masters and the R33 GTR wheels separately rather than put them in a package. You will absolutely get a better return and R33 GTR wheels are currently fetching anywhere from £750-£1100. Send the fenders off with the car though as they're not commanding money at the moment.

Thirdly, your total valuation will almost entirely be dictated by the fact that it's rusty and it doesn't run. If I were you, I would invest some time in getting it running. Fit that fuel pump and get the car started. It will be a massive selling point.

As a rusty non runner Zenki, I honestly would expect no more than £4.5k in this market, maybe £5k. Rust is pretty much what dictates their value these days. We just had a car in similar condition, laid up for 10 years outside, sell for £4100 on Facebook. So your engine and other trick bits would add value.

Hope this helps.

Rides
    Good job finding his old build thread piman2k.
    I’d have a go at getting it running and then get some good photos of the usual areas

Rides
    Thanks for finding my old thread piman ���� Was good having a flick back to see the pics from 2005 when I first got it. Got someone maybe interested. £5k seems tasty but I may not quite get that much. Doing the fuel pump next weekend. If it fires up with some fresh fuel and I can move it that would be great. Found the spanners for the coil overs so might go armed with a Jack and so spray to see if we can move them and lift it up a bit. It's not mega low but it was a struggle getting it off the trailer as a non runner when it got moved to the MOL's drive last year

Rides
    You're welcome. Do yourself a favour, go and spray it down with Plus Gas, WD40 or similar this week, do it a few times over the week and make your life easier next week when you try it.

Getting it running will be crucial IMO. Even if the car ends up being a breaker because of rust, showing the running engine will be the heart of the value.

Rides
    Regarding the non working fuel pump check your also getting the plugs firing (could be immobiliser relay cutting fuel and spark)
    If you’re getting spark hardwire the pump to get it going.

Rides
    Unable to PM you offer due to full inbox

Rides
    i literally meant i would give you 5 grand.