Thread: S14a cooling/styling slam panel

Rides

S14a cooling/styling slam panel

hey all

looking for a recommendation or anyone's personal experience in finding a front cooling/slam panel thing that actually fits, has anyone got a recommendation of where to buy from? there are loads of them out there so have you used one that will fit without to much faff.

don't care if fiberglass or carbon, it will be getting painted either way, but fiberglass should be cheaper

i have brought an unknown brand one second hand to try out and its so far off fitting its actually quite funny

shoot me your recommendations or links or sell me one you had that fits that is sat in ya shed gathering dust

Rides
    Garage Defend were always the best from memory, my S15 has one.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/garage-defe...s14-kouki.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rides
    I too had a garage defend one, but on my 14a.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rides
    Awesome thanks chaps, have seen that about so will probably be the best option.

Anyone got a second hand one in the UK to sell

Rides
    +1 for Garage Defend. SRB molded from one when they were super expensive back in the day and they fit great, but you'd never be able to ID it these days as they arrived unmarked.

The stuff that came from EP Racing and then, I imagine, ended up in the wider eBay state of things was dog shit. There were big complaints here on the EP Racing group buy about quality.

Rides
    I've got a Garage Defend one in the garage (sorry, not for sale!), but reading the comments on RHD it seems the quality may have gone down hill - https://www.rhdjapan.com/garage-defe...s14-kouki.html

Rides
    I bought a SRB power one when we had a group buy for around £120 many years ago

Rides
    If buying one made for a JDM Silvia, you will most likely have to trim it for the headlamp adjuster motors as I'm fairly sure JDM cars never had them.

Have you thought about an Aluminium GKTech one? Could be a more durable option than fibre glass/carbon fibre.
    https://au.gktech.com/collections/al...Cooling+Panels
    I have a Garage Defend one on my Silvia and it's just a single layer of fibreglass with a single layer of carbon over the top and the edges are very easy to get a small chip or crack in if you aren't careful. Fitment was good but I believe it was made probably 7 years ago.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by p.nicholas View Post
    I bought a SRB power one when we had a group buy for around £120 many years ago
    2008 it was
    https://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread....ent&highlight=

Rides
    Just to update this, i ended up buying the garage defend one from RHDjapan while the yen is down as low as it is at the moment, also picked up some DMAX headlights while i wads at it all for just about 600 shipped for both items and arrived in 2 weeks

fitment is spot on, carbon is thin but looks so much better than anything you can get over here, and im painting it anyhoo so that's no real drama for me.

Would recommend

Rides
    That's awesome, would love to see some pictures of it fitted up. Garage Defend has always been very good stuff but the last time I saw someone buy a new GD panel was probably more than a decade ago so it would be nice to see how the quality has held up.

Rides
    Great to hear! Post some pics!