Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off to crown court...

Rides

Off to crown court...

... to watch the sentencing of the guy who burgled me and broke into the zed.

Rides
    Fingers crossed for him getting a big punishment, he deserves it.

Dunc.

Rides
    No doubt he will have been abused as a child and therefore a £25 pound fine (payable in monthly installments of 10p) will be all he gets.

Rides
    lets hope he becomes the cumbucket and subject of much torture at a nasty prison

more likely he'll get the penthouse suit at the ritz but you never know

Rides
    Pity they don't do nail extractions anymore.

Rides
    Originally posted by JB
    No doubt he will have been abused as a child and therefore a £25 pound fine (payable in monthly installments of 10p) will be all he gets.
    Too True ... Lets get back to the stocks & Rotten Veg.

or Branding ... maybe chopping hands off thieves, dicks off pheodo's, but someone would probably want the right foot of a "Speeder"

Rides
    It sounds to me that there isn't a lot of faith in the Criminal Justice System, to me

Another thing to thank Tony for.....

Rides
    Originally posted by JB
    With all due respect JB, you are talking b*ll*cks. He will more likely be compensated for the stress of having to go to court and it will be payable by siranui in the form of the fine he will no doubt have to pay for owning a car that is potentially capable of exceeding the speed limit, with additional costs payable to a victims fund, and a bit of tax on the fine to pay for some hospitals and schools.

Rides
    Originally posted by Aitch
    With all due respect JB, you are talking b*ll*cks. He will more likely be compensated for the stress of having to go to court and it will be payable by siranui in the form of the fine he will no doubt have to pay for owning a car that is potentially capable of exceeding the speed limit, with additional costs payable to a victims fund, and a bit of tax on the fine to pay for some hospitals and schools.
    I most humbly apologise. You are of course right. Siranui's fine will no doubt be income related so the state can really punish him if he's been stupid enough to make something of himself rather than being a low-life scrounger.

Anyway, update please.

Rides
    Originally posted by JB
    Siranui's fine will no doubt be income related so the state can really punish him if he's been stupid enough to make something of himself rather than being a low-life scrounger.
    Shite, that's a custodial sentence then.

In manchester,On 2 Wheels,Dancing with the Grim Reaper
    Rides
    HOW COME ITS GONE TO CROWN COURT,

Rides
    It's gone to Crown because he's a habitual little piece of cr@p and 'got fresh' when arrested. All the police in town know the name and face.

Rant time:

I turned up at court... he didn't.
    A no-show for a crown court sentencing.

After speaking to the prosesution, I found out the following:

a) CPS aren't keen on it, but they have new guidelines: Burglery is to be dealt with as much as possible with non-custodial sentences.

b) Our little git is recommened for a non-custodial drug-rehab programme. If I'm LUCKY him not turning up may get him a spell inside instead. [Funny..you'd have thought prison would be rehab...surely they shouldn't be able to GET drugs inside!]

c) IF he gets custodial, then you can't get sompensation. How screwed is this?

d) THIS IS THE KICKER! The guy was caught by using my phone an hour after my burglery and it getting traced back. It turns up that the burglery he's there for is NOT mine, but someone else's. He's also up for posession of stolen goods. This means that he's not 'guilty' of my burglery and so the most compensation I could get is 60 quid for my phone! I'm down about 6 grand from this guy!

e) The last I heard about the case was in Sept. when I was asked what dates I could attend court. The only reason I found out he'd pled guilty was when I got curious and started calling on Monday. At no point had I been informed on progress or similar. After they got the guy, the SOC guys did NOT come back and re-print anything - including the speakers he'd dumped in my ally, which prior to that they had not bothered with (like my car interior) because 'they'll be lots of other prints' etc.

I am totally sick and angry. The prosecution says they did what they could. I respect the police, but it seems that in this case, all they cared about was getting the guilty, rather than assisting the victim. I want to progress this and kick up a stink over it. At the least, I want SOC to come and 'print some things properly, to tie the jerk to the scene.
    I'm not sure how to progress. Talking to the case officer and finding out from CPS why I was not updated seem to be a good start though. If I get no progress, I'm considering not paying my council tax / talking to my MP / calling the press / generally kicking up HELL of a stink.

I assume that if anything happens to this little pr1ck, then the old bill will be STRAIGHT over here asking me bloody questions. To be honest with myself, I have enough respect for morals and the law not to have the guy's legs broken. Which is a shame - my own sence of honour is standing between me and some kind of justice.

Gutted The stuff that was nicked is stuff that either can't be replaced, or I can't afford to replace.

Rides
    I wouldn't condone any form of vigilante justice. I certainly wouldn't suggest taking six grands worth of beatings out on him when he gets out and I have absolute faith in the criminal justice system in this country.

Gaz
    -x-

Rides
    B*st*rd. At least you didn't get a five stretch for owning a car though.

Rides
    Originally posted by siranui
    It's gone to Crown because he's a habitual little piece of cr@p and 'got fresh' when arrested. All the police in town know the name and face.

Rant time:

a) CPS aren't keen on it, but they have new guidelines: Burglery is to be dealt with as much as possible with non-custodial sentences.

b) Our little git is recommened for a non-custodial drug-rehab programme. If I'm LUCKY him not turning up may get him a spell inside instead. [Funny..you'd have thought prison would be rehab...surely they shouldn't be able to GET drugs inside!]

d) THIS IS THE KICKER! The guy was caught by using my phone an hour after my burglery and it getting traced back. It turns up that the burglery he's there for is NOT mine, but someone else's. He's also up for posession of stolen goods. This means that he's not 'guilty' of my burglery and so the most compensation I could get is 60 quid for my phone! I'm down about 6 grand from this guy!

e) The last I heard about the case was in Sept. when I was asked what dates I could attend court. The only reason I found out he'd pled guilty was when I got curious and started calling on Monday. At no point had I been informed on progress or similar. After they got the guy, the SOC guys did NOT come back and re-print anything - including the speakers he'd dumped in my ally, which prior to that they had not bothered with (like my car interior) because 'they'll be lots of other prints' etc.

I am totally sick and angry. The prosecution says they did what they could. I respect the police, but it seems that in this case, all they cared about was getting the guilty, rather than assisting the victim. I want to progress this and kick up a stink over it. At the least, I want SOC to come and 'print some things properly, to tie the jerk to the scene.
    I'm not sure how to progress. Talking to the case officer and finding out from CPS why I was not updated seem to be a good start though. If I get no progress, I'm considering not paying my council tax / talking to my MP / calling the press / generally kicking up HELL of a stink.

I assume that if anything happens to this little pr1ck, then the old bill will be STRAIGHT over here asking me bloody questions. To be honest with myself, I have enough respect for morals and the law not to have the guy's legs broken. Which is a shame - my own sence of honour is standing between me and some kind of justice.

Gutted The stuff that was nicked is stuff that either can't be replaced, or I can't afford to replace.

if its any consolation, his non attendance at crown court means a bench warrant will have been issued reducing his chances of a non custodial..

Rides
    Originally posted by siranui

Rant time:

Another law abiding citizen feels let down by the law then. To be honest non of what you've posted surprises me. Sickens me, yes but it doesn;t surprise me. The w@nkers who turned over my office were caught (they actually found one of my computers on their premises) but the case was dropped through lack of evidence. This means I have no redress for compensation or no reasonable ground to take action through the civil courts to recoup my insurance excess or the aditional £3000 premiums I have had to pay this year as a result of making a claim because of these twats.

Still it's good to see the courts, justice, the law and plod all doing their level best to keep criminals out of prison to make way for more motorists.

Rides
    Bummer, been involved in something similar.

Police SOC and Procuraror fiscal (CPS to you) only pursue cases where the likelyhood is a conviction - borderline cases get dropped, without a second thought.

In my case the guy is IV dependent and now has limited life expectancy, sounds as tho yours is on the same path.

Rides
    I don't care if he's on a limited life expectancy. That's no excuse, as justice is supposed to be blind. He made his decission, and if he spends his dying days behind bars, then I will not shed a tear.

I am disgusted. Again, I respect the police and CPS, but I feel that they have in this case concentrated on 'punishing' the guilty, rather than protecting the victim. The police want this guy badly (to my detriment) for anything, whereas CPS guidelines are in total conflict with that goal.

I really need to get sorted out with legal advice and start causing a fuss. Frankly, I want SOC (or CSI as they now style themselves..wonder how much the new paint on the vans cost?) over my house NOW, spending a day getting prints.

Rides
    I don't care about him either, he and others like him use this as a defence, to leesen there charge/conviction.

Kick up a fuss, I think most on here would back that.

If not , why?

Rides
    If you want a fast police response you should report your car with out of date tax and park it on the road. When they come round (straight away) you can park the car back on your property and say while your here aI have some other business that needs sorting.

That is what happened to me few months back. Repoorted an assault twice. Got ognored twice. Then my housemates car has out of date tax by two days and they are straight round. Tossers.