Thread: momo steering wheel boss

Rides

momo steering wheel boss

i`ve just fitted a momo steering wheel and boss. does anyone know how to turn the airbag light out, get the horn working and get the indicators to cancel? i thought buying a momo one it would have came with all these features!!!

Rides
    the airbag light wont go out - remove the bulb.

the indicators wont cancel with momo wheels etc. the boos sits were the steering wheel wouldve does it not ? hence no tab turning to knock the cancel indicator tabs on the stalks.

and wire the horn with abit of 2 core wire, using existing wiring.

Rides
    cheers mate, you don`t know which wire in need to use for the horn because its in the same connection as the airbag? and how do you get it to the button on the steering wheel?

Rides
    this has been covered a number of times, use the search function.

Rides
    wouldnt be sure mate without seeing it. never done one , but i would say it would be too hard.

you could run a bot of two core from the actual horn, to save butchering the orignal plug incase you revert back to standard wheel.

one wire will plug onto the button somehow , and one will earth itself on the boss

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Do-luck200sx View Post
    i`ve just fitted a momo steering wheel and boss. does anyone know how to turn the airbag light out, get the horn working and get the indicators to cancel? i thought buying a momo one it would have came with all these features!!!
    I did mine on my skyline a couple of weeks ago...

How to cure the airbag light staying on after changing your Steering Wheel. I found out how to do this from looking on a few different sites . This method worked for me so anyone should be able to do it I used a Hicas boss kit HKB NO-204 on my R33 GTST because the airbag connector in the kit was different to the one on my car. But it should work for any Hicas Boss kit.

You will need a 2.7ohms resister which can be bought from Maplins (Code M2R7)
    Solder the Resistor across the to wires from the Airbag loom (i cut the socket off) and shield with electrical tape or Heat shrink.

Leave the drivers door open

Then turn ignition on so all dash lights are on but do not start engine.

When you have turned the key to that point press the drivers door interior light switch 7 times rapidly in succession,( within 7 seconds of turning ignition lights on)

Now the airbag light will flash at a different rate to before!
    1 long flash followed by 2 short flashes ( the diagnostic system is now registering the fault in the airbag system)
    Now turn the ignition off and close the door.

Now open the door again

Turn ignition on again until all dash lights are on but do not starting the Engine.

Now quickly press the drivers door interior light switch 7 times in rapid succession.

Now the air bag light SHOULD start flashing at a single rate ( the diagnostic system is now registering that the airbag circuit is now working correctly)

Turn the ignition off , and remove the key, now close the door.

Turn the ignition back on and the airbag light should go out after a few seconds.

Job Done...Hope this Helped

Rides
    cheers guys i`ll give these ideas a go!

Rides
    Nice work, has anyone tried this on their S14a?

Cheers.

Banned
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    I did mine on my skyline a couple of weeks ago...

How to cure the airbag light staying on after changing your Steering Wheel. I found out how to do this from looking on a few different sites . This method worked for me so anyone should be able to do it I used a Hicas boss kit HKB NO-204 on my R33 GTST because the airbag connector in the kit was different to the one on my car. But it should work for any Hicas Boss kit.

You will need a 2.7ohms resister which can be bought from Maplins (Code M2R7)
    Solder the Resistor across the to wires from the Airbag loom (i cut the socket off) and shield with electrical tape or Heat shrink.

Leave the drivers door open

Then turn ignition on so all dash lights are on but do not start engine.

When you have turned the key to that point press the drivers door interior light switch 7 times rapidly in succession,( within 7 seconds of turning ignition lights on)

Now the airbag light will flash at a different rate to before!
    1 long flash followed by 2 short flashes ( the diagnostic system is now registering the fault in the airbag system)
    Now turn the ignition off and close the door.

Now open the door again

Turn ignition on again until all dash lights are on but do not starting the Engine.

Now quickly press the drivers door interior light switch 7 times in rapid succession.

Now the air bag light SHOULD start flashing at a single rate ( the diagnostic system is now registering that the airbag circuit is now working correctly)

Turn the ignition off , and remove the key, now close the door.

Turn the ignition back on and the airbag light should go out after a few seconds.

Job Done...Hope this Helped
    anyone tried this yet??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmasterspike View Post
    anyone tried this yet??
    yes, i just tried it and it worked perfectly!!

thank you!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mixmasterspike View Post
    anyone tried this yet??
    Yep, exactly what I did to mine. If you just remove the bulb the airbag system is still in a fault state and may not fire the passenger airbag or the SRS. The resistor will fool the system into thinking the airbag is still there.

Rides
    out of interest when u lose the drivers airbag will the passenger side one still work the same as before ???

thanks ross

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ross86 View Post
    out of interest when u lose the drivers airbag will the passenger side one still work the same as before ???

thanks ross
    If the resistor mod is done yes, if the bulb is taken out it's hard to say.

Rides
    You need the resistor to make the airbag circuit work again - the take the bulb out trick is a bodge = sh!t.
    Do it right = resistor.

Rides
    just tried this, works a peach