Thread: Toyota Hilux + V8, help please.

Rides

Toyota Hilux + V8, help please.

A mate of mine wants me to do a v8 conversion on his Hilux, its been jacked up loads and is only running RWD as it will snap front shafts like carrots
    Im thinking rover is too small so small block chev is what im going for, i know i can get conversion bell housings to fit the hilux box to the block etc.
    I was just wondering if any one has any more info, build threads, websites etc
    Cheers

Rides
    Try www.yotasurf.co.uk - although it's the surf forum there's a few people with v8 conversions... There's also a few aussie sites with some mad trucks on

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    A mate of mine wants me to do a v8 conversion on his Hilux, its been jacked up loads and is only running RWD as it will snap front shafts like carrots
    Im thinking rover is too small so small block chev is what im going for, i know i can get conversion bell housings to fit the hilux box to the block etc.
    I was just wondering if any one has any more info, build threads, websites etc
    Cheers
    Try this place http://www.milneroffroad.com/index.html for parts (Trevor Milner was truelly a loon ) They may link you to a few more places

Rides
    Why not try and go lexus v8. It'd surely be an easier conversion and then pop on 8 itbs as per the vid on youtube. Yummy!

Rides

Rides
    Cheers for the replies people

Quote Originally Posted by Muttly View Post
    Why not try and go lexus v8. It'd surely be an easier conversion and then pop on 8 itbs as per the vid on youtube. Yummy!
    I did think of this but that would be a head ake getting a manual g/box on the back of it, rover/chev/big/small there are conversion bellhousings on the market in aus for less than£300 to the door unless you know of a manual box that bolts to the lexus v8?

Rides
    Why not stick with auto? Is it going to be used heavily off road?

Rides
    Some one of the Supra boxes is a close fit. I think I saw a conversion kit for it somewhere.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttly View Post
    Some one of the Supra boxes is a close fit. I think I saw a conversion kit for it somewhere.
    The hilux and some other toyota 4x4 box's all fit onto the supra bellhousing, thus being able to get a conversion housing from the aus, the supra manual box is used for drag racing upto silly hp.

Auto is its got to be manual!

Idealy i want to use the hilux box, its a petrol manual atm.

Rides
    Omg that IRTB V8 is something special