Thread: advise please on "HUBCENTRIC SPACERS".

Rides

advise please on "HUBCENTRIC SPACERS".

Hey all. I want to extend my wheels so they slightly exceed the arches, I have measured up and think that 20mm spacers would do the trick. Ive seen some hubcentrics that include the bolts etc (im sure your all aware of what they look like)
    Anyway, Ive read that they dont always fit the alloys you have fitted? I have Rota GTR's (17") does anyone know if this would be ok? Also, anyone got any for sale? there around £80 new a pair!

Rides
    If you buy the correct spacers for your hubs then the outer flange (center spigot) should be the same as the original hub. so you shouldnt have any issues.

Rides
    as above aslong as you get the right centre spigot size it should be fine. Also be aware that at 20mm i think the original studs may protrude past the face of the spacer and may need cutting down. My 25mm spacers are fine though. What width, offset and tyres are fitted?

Rides
    Off the top of my head im not too sure of the offset, but the rear tyre sizes are 235.35.17s. Fronts are 225.35.17s. 25mm would be good, where did you source yours from mate?
    Also, hooky, what arch extensions and front bumper do you have fitted to you motor? Looks the perfect look im after!

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    You could also look at fitting longer studs and using slip-on hubcentric spacers. This is what I have on mine. No worries about another 20 bolts to check on occasionally then

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Richiec View Post
    Also, hooky, what arch extensions and front bumper do you have fitted to you motor? Looks the perfect look im after!
    Standard front bumper just stretched and fettled, the arches are custom made.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggers View Post
    You could also look at fitting longer studs and using slip-on hubcentric spacers. This is what I have on mine. No worries about another 20 bolts to check on occasionally then
    Only thing with slip ons (more than 10mm) some will have no spigot on the spacer, so the wheel will have to depend on the studs only, causing potential shearing forces on them.

If you can get hubcentric's I would dude

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Tim View Post
    Also be aware that at 20mm i think the original studs may protrude past the face of the spacer and may need cutting down. My 25mm spacers are fine though.
    I don't think the OP needs to worry about the original studs exceeding the width of the spacer cos I know Rota's tend to all have the extra holes in between the x5 stud holes so this shouldn't be a problem...

I only ever use H&R hubcentrics... expensive but worth the money

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by suj View Post
    Only thing with slip ons (more than 10mm) some will have no spigot on the spacer, so the wheel will have to depend on the studs only, causing potential shearing forces on them.

If you can get hubcentric's I would dude
    That^^
    Quote Originally Posted by James_S15 View Post
    I only ever use H&R hubcentrics... expensive but worth the money
    And this

Actually, I have a pair of H&R and a pair of Ultralite ones. One set are 20mm one are 15mm. Both are hubcentric and the wheels slot on nice and tight. Not had any problems in the 60'000 miles or so I've driven on them.

Rides
    H & R's it is then chaps! Thanks for the advice and help. Is ebay the cheapest place to get them? Or can a supplier on here sell them for the same money? To really get the wheels sticking out for the euro look I'm after I think 20mm all round (running standard suspension setup as i live on the isle of Wight).

Hookey, that kit you have made is awesome, nice touring car look!

Rides
    What offset, width etc are the wheels? My rears are 9.5 width ET35 with 245/45/18 tyres 20mm lower at the rear with Whiteline "sport" alignment settings - they sit a couple of mm proud on the arch with the tread pattern just tucked in. 20mm spacers stick them out waaaay to far - needing an arch roll and flare to cover them (its on the, admittedly rather long, list) Fronts are 8.5 ET30 with a 225/45/18 tyre and a 20mm spacer (so ET10).

Rides
    I bought Eibach as my mate works there and he sorted me out a cracking deal but as said above H&R are a good choice. Think Apex sell H&R