Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was on the Rolling Road today, am I happy....?

Rides

Was on the Rolling Road today, am I happy....? [B]UPDATE GRAPHS ADDED[/B]

Graphs now below

Went down to thor today to get my AVCR tickled, and a most pleasing time was had

Don't have a scanner so here goes..... all figures at the hubs

At 1.15 bar 285.1 ft/lb's ATW at 4207 rpm and 286.4 bhp ATW at 6110 rpm, was getting 250 ft/lb's of torque by 3500 rpm, so why on earth do I keep losing traction

At 1 bar 268.1 ft/lb's ATW at 4309 and 270.8 bhp ATW at 6088 rpm.

However you would estimate power at the fly, I'm thinking the above figures will sound pretty healthy in the pub later

Everything running without problems with no registered det/knock and car apparently "very comfortable", with shed loads more fuel available if needed mmmmmm, think I'm coming over all mystic meg, I see something big and capable of more boost in my future

Big thanks to Thor for sorting AVCR and Gary APT for SAFC2 mapping

Both APT and Thor are firmly on my tiny list of people I trust my car with

But why cant the selfish sods live closer to me

Last edited by SteA; 07-11-2004 at 13:16. Reason: Graphs Added
    Currently scrabble powered - Leon Cupra 280

Rides
    Good result

Rides
    Thats some good figures . Dynapacks read ATH (at the hubs) so suffer alot less loss than rollers ATW figures BTW

Rides
    Nice work Ste what does that roughly equate to at the fly?
    Pete

SXOC Member Number : 317

Rides
    Uf, 270 hp at wheels? That's great .
    So, you have a JEz chip , haven't you? Do you also need SAFC2? I am waiting to fit Hybrid FMIC and Walbro . Then I want to search for 550 inyectors and big AFM . I wonder if I could turn boost at 1 bar safely with such mods and JEz s14a chip . Would I also need SAFC2??
    I like that way "Everything running without problems with no registered det/knock and car apparently "very comfortable".
    Congrats.

Rides
    all figures at the hubs
    good to see
    and well done a great result

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol
    pick a number greater than he had at the hubs !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ELORTO
    Uf, 270 hp at wheels? That's great .
    So, you have a JEz chip , haven't you? Do you also need SAFC2? I am waiting to fit Hybrid FMIC and Walbro . Then I want to search for 550 inyectors and big AFM . I wonder if I could turn boost at 1 bar safely with such mods and JEz s14a chip . Would I also need SAFC2??
    I like that way "Everything running without problems with no registered det/knock and car apparently "very comfortable".
    Congrats.
    The Horsham Developments Chip (Jez) needs to come out of my car, it was excellent and did the job at earlier stages of tune but unless Jez remaps it for later mods (which he couldnt for me) its better to go for SAFC2, bigger injectors plus decent mapping session. Unless you get a much bigger turbo you wont need a new AFM I bought one, its now sat in my garage waiting for the right moment so to speak

Once you have bigger injectors and SAFC2 etc, I think its pretty much going to be the turbo thats the limiting factor, so you could run as much boost as the turbo could cope with, however long that may be I've got the ability to increase my fuelling but I dont think my turbo would be too happy if I tried to increase boost any more, so next step is a bigger turbo then it will likely be injectors that are limiting things so I will probably then need a power FC or suchlike to look after even bigger injectors

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol
    Pete, if you see:

http://www.dynamometer.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

A very good explanation for why you should only use ATW/ATH's figures as estimating flywheel figures from ATW/ATH readings is pure guesswork, easy to underestimate or over estimate Could be 20 bhp could be 50 bhp

Buuuut, when in the pub I will add a minimum of 30 bhp onto my figures depending on who I'm talking to and whether my neons are switched on Seriously though not sure, presume minimum of extra 30 bhp wouldnt be far out, but I'm gonna just use thor from now to get comparisons for the future, dont know why more people use at the wheels figures except to massage peoples feelings.........

Could compare what people get at thor to other RR's, kev got 270 odd at blackburn and 240 odd at thor, not sure about others. I was pleased, some guy there with a well modded GT4 was only looking at similar figures

Rides
    ill have the jez chip off you steve when you want to get rid of it...perhaps swap ecus???

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by hadyn
    ill have the jez chip off you steve when you want to get rid of it...perhaps swap ecus???
    You would be welcome mate, but its probably going to be quite some time as I dont want to get the car remapped until a bigger turbo goes on, so it may well be a bit too long to wait if you're after one soon. I've got to wait for my next tax bill before seeing how much money I'm throwing at the car so I couldnt even tell you when. Useless I know

Rides

Rides
    Nice result, Ill take the AFM off you for a while if its sat doing nowt

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez
    Nice result, Ill take the AFM off you for a while if its sat doing nowt
    I have plans for it, but if you need it and later supply a replacement

Rides
    Nice one, you at Mascrat Monday?

Rides
    Top result Ste

Cant compare my 244@wheels to the 270@fly different mods/boost, but not by much.
    285@hubs has got to be AT LEAST 333@Fly

Why didnt you try the boost at 1.2Bar

Rides
    Good result Ste, very smooth curves

One thing to be aware of it (just re-read the thread and you probably already know this) that if you remove the chip you will need to get the SAFC remapped cos the chip modifies the fuelling and ignition timing maps.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    Good result Ste, very smooth curves

One thing to be aware of it (just re-read the thread and you probably already know this) that if you remove the chip you will need to get the SAFC remapped cos the chip modifies the fuelling and ignition timing maps.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vez
    Nice one, you at Mascrat Monday?
    Yes, I'll bring the AFM just in case

Rides
    Thats a good result

Gary was obviously on form that day hopefully I'll get similar , although I don't run quite so much boost

need to organise a RR day in the SE

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteA
    The Horsham Developments Chip (Jez) needs to come out of my car, it was excellent and did the job at earlier stages of tune but unless Jez remaps it for later mods (which he couldnt for me) its better to go for SAFC2, bigger injectors plus decent mapping session. Unless you get a much bigger turbo you wont need a new AFM I bought one, its now sat in my garage waiting for the right moment so to speak

Once you have bigger injectors and SAFC2 etc, I think its pretty much going to be the turbo thats the limiting factor, so you could run as much boost as the turbo could cope with, however long that may be I've got the ability to increase my fuelling but I dont think my turbo would be too happy if I tried to increase boost any more, so next step is a bigger turbo then it will likely be injectors that are limiting things so I will probably then need a power FC or suchlike to look after even bigger injectors
    I got it. Very clear and easy explanation. Thx.